Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,210   Online: 930

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Schneider Componon 5.6/150 Thread Size HELP!

Hello, I am having trouble trying to get the size of the thread, I have checked the website I measure about 40mm just with a ruler. its a 70's lens, so I wondered if anyone can help or knows the size the serial number is 12 426 266.

I will also need a mount so I can put in on my enlarger, where can I get one of these from in the UK? its for a Durst Laborator 1000.

Paul

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ok well I have worked out its a M42 x .75 as I have a Camera with a M42 x 1 and it fits but obviously does not screw in.

So next stop where the hell can I get a mount to fit my enlarger?????

and also stop talking to my self :S

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What's the lens board like, if it's similar to the M601/670 etc I think I have one but I'm not back in the UK for 3 weeks.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a Agfa C66 which I think is a M605???? and that works on my L1000 so if I don't find one then I will buy yours if selling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggysk8 View Post
    I have a Agfa C66 which I think is a M605???? and that works on my L1000 so if I don't find one then I will buy yours if selling
    OK, I wasn't or rather hadn't been thinking of selling it but I have no use for it, it came with a job lot I bought for an M670 and analyser etc.

Look first and if you haven't got hold of one before I get back I'll double check it is M42. I know I have one board slightly larger than all my other Durst lens boards, all my smaller Componon's etc are M39 (some with adaptors) and the rest are far larger I have a 300mm Componon & that weighs about 5 kilos

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a 50mm mount is there any type of step down rings you can buy or is this really a big NO NO!

5kg Lens, that is rather heavy!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggysk8 View Post
    So next stop where the hell can I get a mount to fit my enlarger?????
    Went through a similar problem with my Rodenstock, but was fortunate that it was an M39 thread and was already set up to cut that pitch on my lathe - Len boards (can be) expensive on fleabay, and the M42 versions are like rocking horse.... Short term, you could always glue a few disks of mountboard together.

and also stop talking to my self :S
    Perhaps getting out more might help

Shooter
    Large Format
    M42 x 0.75 retaining rings and mounting flanges are available but might cost more than you'd expect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A coating of carpenters grade slow set hot glue laid out as a bead onto wax paper and then picked up and wrapped (by rubber glove protected fingers) onto a lightly vaseline smeared thread on the lens is a way that I have improvised lens retainer rings.

Lens boards have been improvised with 3 layers of black matt board glued together with scotch 777 rubber spray adhesive. Cut the hole for the lens first. Cutting three layer of matt board at once is not easy; I have tried that only on the first one made this way.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lapla 42 lens plates show up on ebay. I got one a while back for less than $50.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin