Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,465   Posts: 1,570,694   Online: 947

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Any updates on new or used Nova processors for sale in the States?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    No word. I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nova list a used Quad 16x20 processor on their site: http://www.novadarkroom.com/product/...Processor.html

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Nova processors seem to come across the block pretty frequently in the UK and Nova often has used models available, but if you can find someone to ship to the States the cost is usually prohibitive.

Looking for one State-side.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How hard would it be to make something like this out of plexiglass? aren't you just talking about using plates of plexiglass with strips of plexiglass on the sides and bottom? Am I Missing something? This looks like the ultimate space saver.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I made my own. I started at Lowe's with Plexiglass. The guy who made the cuts did not take the accuracy seriously and I ended up with very jagged edges that were not watertight even with generous amounts of silicon. To build one you must assemble it with a jig to hold the sides in place perfectly and I recommend building it upside down. The application of silicon in the smaller areas is what makes it difficult, you need tiny hands. The channels need to be in a "V" shape in order to agitate the print which makes the assembly even more challenging. Perhaps mine would have worked if the cuts were more accurate. I returned the plexiglass and bought tall, rectangular glass vases for ten dollars apeice and use them with great success, when I'm done in the darkroom I cover them with Saran wrap and a rubber band. Works perfectly.

When I can find a 16x20 or 12x16 Nova I will buy it because I want to print larger sizes and the drain spouts seem to be a worthwhile addition.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin