Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,690   Online: 970

Shooter
    35mm RF

Omega DII with Chromega D lamphouse

I just inherited one of the formentioned units from a local fella. It came with everything intact, as far as I can tell, but when I plug it in, I get nothing. The fans are going, but no light.

The bulbs look fine - the filament is intact - so I'm wondering why I don't get anything outta this?

Also, I'd like to use it for B/W printing only - can I use the filters to manage contrasts like VC filters? My knowledge is limited to cold lights and condenser enlargers, so I'm venturing into new territory here.

Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a D2 with a Super Chromega D head with no problems, and I only print B&W. You can find the filter settings on the web or in most darkroom manuals. As far as a manual for your enlarger you can try here http://www.darkroompro.com/equipment...ers/index.html
    or I'm sure someone here at APUG can help you.
    Brian McDowell

DKT

hey--been a while since I used one, but if I remember correctly....there's a "white light" lever on one side of the head (right side?)---you can flip this lever in one direction to swing the filters out of the lightpath to focus. If the filters are out of the lightpath, then the head won't switch on--basically to save you from wasting paper. Normally you'd go to whitelight to focus, then switch the filter pack back, then hit the timer to expose. IF you forgot to flip the lever back? the lamp wouldn't come on, but everything else would be powered up.

could be something else, but this would be the first thing to try.

Shooter
    4x5 Format

omega enlarger

There is a Omega Enlarger expert who can answer your questions . His name is Harry Talyer. Classic Enlargers 1-203-329-9228

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin