Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,569   Online: 762

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    hello matt,
    I wish to state that I will not trigger an unnecessary controversy, I'm just very bored with not being able to wash the prints size 12x16" and I think more correctly Paterson should write in the basket can get cards "with the long side up (max) to 16"" considering the expansion of the fiber base paper in water and so smaller format cards!!
    For the rest I've seen that works well and is very comfortable considering the small size but this does not relieve the very detailed explanation from Paterson.
    If it is indicated a washer that can accommodate 12x16"size prints, the buyer understands that the Paterson has calculated the tolerances required for use with fiber base paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt5791 View Post
    Hi. We have amended the description on the site. We were unaware of the potential problems with this washer.

I have done some research: The story from Paterson is that the design was changed. Originally, years ago, it was a 12x15" washer, but they modified the tooling to make it a 12x16" washer, however it was only possible to make it just 12x16 - without completely making new tooling (tooling for this washer would be something like £30,000, probably a lot more).

Paterson are a decent bunch - I'm sure we can sort something out,

Matt.
    I understand what you are saying but a company of Paterson's pedigree and experience should have known that "just 12x16" may not work with FB papers. Also like many buyers if I see that the specifications say it will take 12x16 I tend to believe them. I must point out that I do not believe Paterson set out to con anyone. They probably underestimated the expansion of FB papers when wet

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are right, the description is not good enough. It is just a shame because many other features of the washer are superb, particulary the requirement for a very low flow rate, saving water, and the way the basket "waves" from side to side to agitate.

Also, we now unpack and test every one of the washers to ensure it is functioning correctly in terms of the agitation etc.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Ok,
    ignoring the problem of the description, I must say that the washer is very handy and works well: wash 12/24 prints (depending on size) together is very comfortable!
    The most important thing is that washes with a very low water consumption: for example, the NOVA MASTER WASH ECO washer uses about 2-3 liters of water per minute, while that of Paterson less than 1 liter per minute.
    The pump system that pushes the basket seems to do his duty well, shaking continuously prints.
    We can only remember not to buy it with the idea that you can easily use the 30x40 fiber based paper: it is only a myth! You will need to cut out paper befor print.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin