Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,655   Online: 875

Shooter
    Medium Format

Durst FEMOGLA AN thickness

Hi

Anyone with a Durst Laborator 1200 out there who have the AN glass in the carrier, willing to share the thickness of the glass? Is it 2mm or 3mm?

I am looking to buy an AN glass but am unsure of its thickness.

Thanks

Shooter
    Large Format
    I suggest contacting the owner of Focal Point Glass. It’s business in Deltona, Florida specializing in machining carrier glass in both regular slide glass and anti-Newton glass.

He will know exactly the thickness, length, width, and what beveling might be required to fit your Durst carrier.

http://fpointinc.com/glass.htm

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Would have thought it would be the same thickness as the Femomasks (3.04mm). Measuring my FEMOGLA, it comes out at 2.86mm - Nominally, 3mm thick glass should do the job

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks Paul. 3mm it is then.

is it beveled the same way as the Femomask?

also, say I want to use the glass on top and the mask on the bottom. my bottom mask (as I think every Femomask) has film positioning pins. I guess those would hit the glass on the top - unless I create pin holes in the glass as the ones on the top Femomask.
    so, should I just take the top mask and put it on the bottom position?

thanks again

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Same shape and size as a Femomask, but only two edges have a 45 degree bevel on them. One would normally use a plain glass FEMOGLA on the bottom and an A.N. FEMOGLA on the top - More surfaces to keep clean

Only one half of the Femomask pair has locating pins (except the 5x4 mask) - You could always use the other half or cut one from a scrap of mount board.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks again.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Aren't the locating pins always spring-loaded for just this reason? They'll just push out of the way.

Duncan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by frobozz View Post
    Aren't the locating pins always spring-loaded for just this reason? They'll just push out of the way.
    Perhaps on some of the other masks the pins are spring loaded, but on mine, they are solid.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So are mine, they won't push out of the way.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin