Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,778   Online: 860

Shooter
    Multi Format

Senrac Roll Film Dryer Filter

I have a Senrac Roll film dryer donated to me. However, it did not come with an air filter. I was thinking about rigging a car air filter some how. Does anyone know if replacements can be found, or have a spare filter that they don't use anymore. It seems though that I could just build a wood box that fits over the intake, and find a car filter that would fit tight.

Suggestions?

Regards,
    Chris Maness

DAP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The stock senrac filter is just a sheet of foam sandwiched between two pieces of wire mesh. I don't have the senrac in front of me right now, but I think the foam is about 1/2" thick. It shouldn't be too hard to find a replacement piece.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    We have a couple of these at school. The filters are simple to make from foam sheets. That being said, I don't like these dryers at all. They dry the film so fast that residue is often left on them from the Photo-Flo not being able to drain off fast enough. It also dries the film curled on the spiral, so the film does not want to lie flat once removed from the reel. But they film does dry fast.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Davis View Post
    We have a couple of these at school. The filters are simple to make from foam sheets. That being said, I don't like these dryers at all. They dry the film so fast that residue is often left on them from the Photo-Flo not being able to drain off fast enough. It also dries the film curled on the spiral, so the film does not want to lie flat once removed from the reel. But they film does dry fast.
    I figured that curling would be an issue. However, I have noticed bulk film does not curl at all. I wanted to try the dryer out with this bulk film when I am in a hurry.

Also, the wetting agent spots don't seem to show up for me in prints or scans. Even when I hang dry film, I get some spotting. I might just try a test roll. IF it sucks, I won't use it.

Chris

DAP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If curling becomes a problem you can always re-spool the dry film on the developing reel in the opposite direction (emulsion out) and let it sit for a day or so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have one of these, they are pretty useful, esp. when you want stuff dried fast. You can turn off the heat, that will slow down drying if spots are an issue. I rebuilt my filter on mine using a furnace filter. Home depot should have them for $10 or less. It has a wire mesh built into it so it can be cut to basically any shape and fit into the senrac pretty easily. The stock filter shape is sort of a "W" shape.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin