Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,530   Posts: 1,543,969   Online: 1110

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    if you are on a budget then look for an old Minolta Erokkor, They are great lenses, as good as anything newer, I had one, a 75mm 6 element, and it outperformed both a Nikkor, rodenstock and shenider, sadly the floor in my darkroom is concrete and I dropped, fine glass and concrete don't mix, but I still miss that lens,Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I know a guy that tested them all. Get a post 1990 Rodenstock.

Thats what I use for MF.
    Nikkor for 35mm... actually I just use the 80 Rodenstock for 35mm
    Have 1970's Schieder 80.. that doesn't get used since th Rodenstock came a long.
    Have an old Wooley and 1970's Schnieder for LF.

And I use my VC filters above!!! (looking for a smiley)... cant find them...
    Last edited by vpwphoto; 03-12-2011 at 11:23 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm

Thanks

Thanks to all,

I think I will go on a Schneider Componon 80 f4 maybe, I am enjoying my Rodenstock lens but I want to try another one, just to FEEL the differences (I dont think I will be able to SEE differences).
    6 element will be my choice, I didn't know to keep attention to this.
    Bye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use a Vivitar VHE 100mm. It's made by Schnieder and is very sharp. As the entire VHE Vivitar line
    Tony
    Newnan, GA

Cambo 23SF, Hasselblad, Mamiya M645, Rolleiflex 2.8C
    Rollei 4x4 Grey
    Leica M4-P M3 IIIf RD Contax IIa Nikon SP
    Olympus OM-1 OM-2

http://www.oresteen.com/ROLLEI4X4.htm

Shooter
    4x5 Format

6 Element Lenses

I agree, skip the 4 element lenses.

Six element lenses include Rodenstock's Rodagon, Schneider's Componon and Componon-S, and Nikon's El Nikkor.

While a Componon is a six element lens, the Componon-S is more recent and a better, general purpose lens.

The Apo lenses, Apo Rodagon, Apo Componon, and if you could ever find one for under $2000 (!), the Apo El-Nikkor, have more than six elements and perform better. But, one would need a glass negative carrier to get the full advantage of these Apo lenses. One can get excellent results with the six element lenses.

Avoid the Apo-Ronar or Apo-Gerogon lenses. They are process lenses and not optimized for enlarging.

Shooter
    35mm

Schneider Componon 105

That's for 66, for 67 8 9 get a 135. (Longer = flatter field, less corner distortion/light falloff)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin