Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,897   Posts: 1,584,334   Online: 848

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Test Strip Easel for 8x10

I was wondering if anyone knew where to get an 8x10 version of this:

http://www.adorama.com/PATSP.html

I know it may sound wasteful, but I think a full final size of the print is better when trying to check color balance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Why not set up for 8x10 then toss one of those under the enlarger. Seems you could get four test sheets per 8x10 paper.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    35mm
    Mike, have a look at Ralph Lambrecht's site. He gives instructions to make a test strip printer which takes 5x7 paper and either does 7 one inch strips across the whole neg or easily allows you to do 7 strips of the same part of the neg which the Paterson will do but only 5 and more awkwardly.

It shouldn't be so hard to work out the dimensions to make the space for the test paper become 8x10 instead of 5x7.

I use Ralph's test strip printer on a regular basis. It really is a useful piece of kit. Actually I think the design is down to his partner Chris Woodhouse to give the credit where it belongs

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    Why not set up for 8x10 then toss one of those under the enlarger. Seems you could get four test sheets per 8x10 paper.
    Yeah, I was thinking of just doing that, just wanted to know my options before I make my move.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Mike, have a look at Ralph Lambrecht's site. He gives instructions to make a test strip printer which takes 5x7 paper and either does 7 one inch strips across the whole neg or easily allows you to do 7 strips of the same part of the neg which the Paterson will do but only 5 and more awkwardly.

It shouldn't be so hard to work out the dimensions to make the space for the test paper become 8x10 instead of 5x7.

I use Ralph's test strip printer on a regular basis. It really is a useful piece of kit. Actually I think the design is down to his partner Chris Woodhouse to give the credit where it belongs

pentaxuser
    I was looking at that last night a little bit...I will probable go that route at first. I like the flexibility of the number of strips in the design but I also like the easiness of the test strip printer I posted the link of.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You probably can make one out of mount board with linen tape as hinges.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    You probably can make one out of mount board with linen tape as hinges.
    Yeah, I was thinking of fabricating something in that regard, but a little more permanent. I have the next couple of days off, so I'll have a little time to mess around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just noticed this, might be an idea.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SPECIAL-ENLARGING...#ht_2047wt_922

Never seen one before and no idea about the seller but might be worth a look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a Saunders 8x10 print and repeat easel that works for that. Just use the 2x3 mask and get eight identical images on an 8x10 sheet. It moves the paper using an x-y axis under the mask. (shameless plug: its for sale).
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Nova Scotia View Post
    Just noticed this, might be an idea.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/SPECIAL-ENLARGING...#ht_2047wt_922

Never seen one before and no idea about the seller but might be worth a look.
    That's for making multiple prints on the same sheet of paper. You could still use it for test strips but with entire images....pretty neat design though.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin