Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,031   Online: 990

Shooter
    Multi Format

Durst Printo Sqeegee Rollers

When the Durst Printo is shut down, the squeegee rollers need to be kept from touching each other by using specially made plastic inserts. The rollers could be damaged otherwise.

My question is this: how soon after shut-down? The manual doesn't specify.

This week I am using the processor during the daytime; It remains off for about 13 hours. Would that be too long not to have the squeegee rollers separated?

The reason I'm asking is because it is time consuming to insert and then remove these plastic inserts: the modules have to be uncovered, the drive/heating modules have to be removed as well and then everything needs to be put back.

If there are any Durst Printo users out there, I would appreciate it if you would share your experiences or any helpful tips.

Thanks, and happy printing!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've had my Printo for about 20 years now, or close to that time.

If you stop the machine, then I would suggest you place the spacers to keep the squeegee rollers apart, they can stick just a tiny bit and each time you start the machine, or turn the rollers, they can tear very small bits off from the squeegee roller surface.

Tiresome it may be, but if you wish to keep it running for a long time, I firmly believe this is the best practice.

I have bought two other modules, both of which have stuffed squeegee rollers, neither to my knowledge was out of action for very long before they became stuffed, maybe a day in one case.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mick - thanks for confirming my suspicions.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin