Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,038   Online: 939

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Got myself a Durst 1200 + CLS501

Today, I managed to get my hands on a Durst Laborator 1200 + CLS501 head locally, from a seller who's gone 100% 'lightroom'. The stuff came with all the Femoboxes, negative carriers, AN glasses, etc EXCEPT a baseboard. The seller used the enlarger wall-mounted and only has the wall-mount bracket for it.

All in all I paid equivalent to $800, which, IMHO, is not too bad considering I would have to pay at least half of that amount in shipping alone, if I were to buy from overseas. But man.. it's HUGE. I'm still not sure how it'll fit into my temporary darkroom. Or most importantly, what excuses to give to the 'Finance Minister' at home
    Last edited by chioque; 03-21-2011 at 07:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congratulations with the buy, it is a great enlarger. I have a Durst L1200 with Ilford Multigrade head, just for BW, but it has proven "solid" investment as well. About the base board: ensure you get some really(!) solid and strong support. It is a beast at maybe 30-40kg, and can easily bend any tabletops not designed for that kind of weight. I had to reinforce my initial setup with another 2cm thick wooden plate on top of the original one to prevent it from bending down.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marco, mind showing how your 'reinforced' setup looks like?

Edited: I think I managed to find your setup in the "Bathroom and other Temporary/Makeshift Darkroom" thread.
    Last edited by chioque; 03-21-2011 at 08:18 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chioque View Post
    Marco, mind showing how your 'reinforced' setup looks like?

Edited: I think I managed to find your setup in the "Bathroom and other Temporary/Makeshift Darkroom" thread.
    That's correct, and even with these two table tops on top of each other, and some supports directly under the enlarger attached to the wall in the back, it still has some tendency to bend...

Should have reinforced it with metal H-beams... anyway, it is stable enough now to work with it.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about mounting to a very large laminated cutting board. I have one that is 24"x36"x1-1/2"thick. I made mine from gluing 2x6's on edge.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin