Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,683   Posts: 1,548,542   Online: 998

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Omega Digital Timer keeps going and going...

I have an Omega Digital Timer, and it was working fine last week, but all of a sudden, when I turn it on to print, with a time entered, it just keeps going. It won't turn off the enlarger light. It gets to zero, then moves right up to 99.9 seconds to count down... and keeps going, and going.

Anyone else have this problem?? Well, back to the old analog Time-O-Lite for me.

(I tried unplugging it, and starting over, but it still won't work.)
    Last edited by SuzanneR; 03-28-2011 at 11:02 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: additional info

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your darkroom is attempting to purify itself of all things digital.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    Your darkroom is attempting to purify itself of all things digital.
    Clearly!!

I have one of those RH timers, but could never figure it out. I love my analog time-o-lite!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an older Gra-lab digital timer hooked up to my enlarger that intermittently does strange things but seems to fix itself. Since I don't do high volume printing I can live with it. However I still have the good old Gra-lab analog timer my father bought in 1973 and it never fails. I still use it for all my film and print developing. It's like the old friend I grew up with.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Suzanne: are you talking about the Omega CT40? I had one, loved it, but it suffered sudden death one day.

That's when I bought my RHDesigns. Get to know yours, they are superb. (Time-o-lights are good too)
    Last edited by David Brown; 03-28-2011 at 12:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown View Post
    Suzanne: are you talking about the Omega CT40? I had one, loved it, but it suffered sudden death one day.

That's when I bought my RHDesigns. Get to know yours, they are superb. (Time-o-lights are good too)
    It just simply says, Omega Digital Timer, so I don't think it's quite the same model, David. I guess I'll have to figure out the RH one, but I simply used the analog one for today!! Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Older electronic equipment in general uses electrolytic capacitors that dry out with time (like for 80's and earlier era gear) and hence their circuits start acting flaky, sometimes intermettently at first.

The fix is to buy new capacitors of the right capacity and voltage rating, and replace them to get another 25 years of service out of the device.

This is not a fix for everyone, but for a competent hobbyist, not a big job.

Our stereo receiver got this fix for half an hour to id what was needed, half an hour to shop for the bits, and an hour to solder them in. Parts cost was $8.

I have used this to fix old vivitar enlarger and process timers, and my fujimoto roller processor wash dry module and main pocessor module pc boards as well.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks, Mike!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin