Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,720   Online: 783

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

F-Stop timer for android

Hi guys,

Being in between jobs, I had some extra time and decided to write a f-stop timer application for my android. In the beginning, I thought it would be a quick job to implement that on these handy device, but in the end, I found myself coding more than 3000 lines of codes and making loads of new icons.

I finally came up with a fully featured program (darkroom f-stop timer) that support dodging, burning and split printing. As I would like to continue to improve this one, please use this thread to suggest any improvement or desired features. I will then try to get my hands out of the trays and put them on the keyboard again to code some more.

Cheers,

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Jeff,

Do you have the Android interfaced with your enlarger? Or are you just using it to get times to enter in your linear timer?
    -Brian R. Beck

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi Beck,

My enlarger didn't come with an android interface ... unfortunately. I use this program to get the correct amount of time for my current timer. Not having a digital input timer, I would use it with the focus switch. The program is a timer counting down for each exposure and bips at the end. So I can just switch it on and off manually. Accuracy is good enough on long exposures.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great job, I just working on BT-controller for my enlarger. I have one request. It would be possible to add extension factors for grades? I have color head and have to calculate filtration extension factors on a calculator. Individual filtration extension setting for every grade and the application would be amazing
    Last edited by Euter; 03-28-2012 at 05:12 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some engineer needs to make a bluetooth enlarger timer that will interface with the Android or Iphone. Also use the camera as an enlarger meter/densitometer too!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You know you can get a plug to go in the bottom of a droid that gives you serial, etc? You can then plug an AVR or whatever into your droid and use that to do hardware interfacing, i.e. switching the enlarger directly from the phone. In fact, I'd be surprised if you couldn't use the CTS line or something on an FTDI chip to toggle your relay, no extra logic/micro required.

How do you deal with the screen fogging your paper?

PS your link seems broken ("We're sorry, the requested URL was not found on this server.")
    PPS devil's advocacy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Make the interface on the screen red and dim.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    PS your link seems broken

http://www.droidinthedark.com/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Euter View Post
    Great job, I just working on BT-controller for my enlarger. I have one request. It would be possible to add extension factors for grades? I have color head and have to calculate filtration extension factors on a calculator. Individual filtration extension setting for every grade and the application would be amazing
    I just updated the application to include grade exposure compensation. The compensation need to be defined in the settings in stops. When the grade is changed, the difference between the old and new grade compensation value will be applied to the exposure. Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Some engineer needs to make a bluetooth enlarger timer that will interface with the Android or Iphone
    I developed a bluetooth adapter that I describe here: http://www.droidinthedark.com/fstop-...ger-bt-adapter. I have release the code that the interface uses so that anyone can build it own using an arduino and a bluetooth module like the RN-42.

The only problem with these is price. It turns out to be quite expensive to make only few of them. Just the cost of the PCB alone can go from 40$ a piece to 2$ depending on quantity. Hence, unless a group is formed to order them in batch, the prototype/DIY/open source approach will be the only way to go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin