Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,421   Online: 779

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Parts and accessories seem to be generally more available for Beseler and Omega as opposed to Dursts. At least in the US. Dursts do tend to be more portable than the others though. Especially the 35mm only model.

Depending on your location, supply may exceed demand for enlargers. Keep in mind you're not marrying the enlarger - find something that works for you now then, if/when your needs change, find something else. Rick sums it up pretty well. But be careful about buying an enlarger without the lensboards and neg holders you need. You'll find yourself paying far more for the accessories than the enlarger.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Remember that with a color head, you can use the color filters with variable contrast paper for black & white. I like my Chromega Dichroic II D-5 EX which will handle up to 4"x5", but it is too large to move around in your present situation.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrenceu View Post
    I've run across a Beseler 67 for a REALLY cheap price. Any thoughts on that model?
    I used one happily for decades. I've switched to an Omega D6 for now, but I still have the Beseler 67 in storage in the hope of having room for a two enlarger setup.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'v got a spare 67. If you need a negative carrier, lens board, mixing chambers, bulb, etc. just let me know, i don't use the enlarger ( i took it off it's chasis, it sits in a spare room). I've also got a spare el-nikkor 50mm f.4 50mm lens if you need one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks for all the information. I have picked up a Beseler 23Cii XL for a really good price. All I have to do now is get it home, it is quite a ways away from here.
    Sunny 16 works for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I picked it up today. The thing has never been opened. It came with a Nikkor 50mm lens and a package of AGFA Brovira paper. I know the lens is good. Not so sure about the paper I know that one is supposed to use an 80mm lens for 6x6, but is it possible to use the 50?
    Sunny 16 works for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lawrenceu View Post
    I picked it up today. The thing has never been opened. It came with a Nikkor 50mm lens and a package of AGFA Brovira paper. I know the lens is good. Not so sure about the paper I know that one is supposed to use an 80mm lens for 6x6, but is it possible to use the 50?
    The 50mm lens won't cover the 6x6 negative. By that, I mean that it will only provide at the base board a sharp image of the centre part of the 6x6 negative. The edges, and in particular the corners of the 6x6 negative will end up less sharp and too light on your print.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some serious vignetting going on then. So, I'll need to find an 80, or would a 100 be better?
    Sunny 16 works for me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A 100mm (or 105mm) lens will work well, but will limit your maximum enlargement size on the baseboard (11x14?). A 105mm lens will, however, cover 6x7 and 6x9 as well.

There are probably more good used 80mm lenses around, but if you find a good 105mm, you may want to pick it up.
    Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A good 80 mm lens will cover 6x7 no problem. I use an 80 mm Schneider CompononS for 6x7 all the time, and it works like a champ, even though it's not officially rated to do so. The 80 mm Nikkor, and I believe the higher end Rodenstocks, are rated out to 6x7.
    Frank Schifano

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin