Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,764   Posts: 1,516,227   Online: 1060

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Beseler 23C II enlarger

Help !

I have a 23C II enlarger, and the bottom bellows broke away from the frame. The lens board end is secure it's the top where the bellows meets the bottom of the negative stage. It looks like it was originally glued in place. Anyone know what kind of glue would work the best.

Thanks
    Frank

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had one do the same.
    Beseler tech recommended weather strip cement. Your local auto parts joint will have it.
    It does come in at least two colors,black and white.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks

Never would have thought of that!

Frank

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use pliobond or similar to reattach bellows. Make sure you clean the old glue from around the stage and bellows prior to reattaching.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    3M also makes some very effective double sided tapes that might be viable. I have one that is like their 777 spray adhesive, but on a roll.

I used to have a 23C, and I know exactly where you mean. Not very feasible to take apaprt; more of a fix in situ problem.
    my real name, imagine that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin