Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,426   Online: 941

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Darkroom deal?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Neither sounds good, based on the formats that you shoot. I'd wait for a good deal on a 4x5 enlarger with a color head attached. But all that stuff that comes with the Durst might just be worth buying the enlarger for. Keep all the extras, and use the enlarger it till you find a 4x5 color enlarger; then use it as a second enlarger (good for solarizations or image blending) or sell it.

If you get the kit, and have no use for the sheet film developing tanks, I'd be interested in purchasing them.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm

Found one

While looking, I found several options. The two mentioned earlier in this thread or a Like-New 23c III from a fellow APUGer. This one came with 50 and 75mm lenses, 35 and 120/220 film holders and a spare bulb. It was a bit more expensive, but I was fairly certain it would be as described. The owner had bought it new, used it, and knew it's history. These are big factors for me when making a purchase of used gear.

I had almost decided to go for this, but in the mean time, I mentioned my quest to the owner of our local camera shop. He put me in contact with one of his long-standing customers here locally. This customer offered a 23c II with 50mm lens, 35mm film holder, plus an extra bulb. Will have to eventually pick up a lens and holder for MF, once I learn what I'm doing. States it's working and in excellent condition. Price: $80. I can't pick it up until next week, but decided I couldn't let this deal pass. Hopefully I won't be disappointed. Now I just have to get going on building at least a temporary darkroom!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good deal indeed, patience scores a nice machine for cheap.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin