Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,261   Online: 995

Thread: help

Shooter
    35mm

help

Hi
    Hope someone can help, my enlarger lens is stuck, no matter what I do I can't unscrew it from my enlarger.
    My enlarger is an Kaiser system V VCP 6001.
    Thanks

Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, be careful. It is a bit like a filter you can't remove from a lens easily. Take a piece of leather etc , press it against the lens and turn...but gently.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Be careful to not apply any force to the aperture ring. If you do, the mechanism can be damaged. Many iris mechanisms use a small diameter driving pin with fine screw threads to fasten the pin to the aperture ring. The inner end of the pin operates the iris. It’s easily bent or broken.

Possibly, a tiny drop of penetrating oil like Liquid Wrench (oil + solvent) introduced between the threads from the top of the lens board will ease the removal of the lens, provided that the lens board and lens can be removed from the enlarger.

You can apply a thick wrapping or black cloth friction tape of the kind often used to improve the grips of hammers and other tools that require a secure grip to the barrel of the lens, but avoiding the aperture ring.
    This might give you sufficient grip to remove the lens. Afterwards you can clean the tape’s adhesive off the lens barrel with a tiny amount of naphtha in a small piece of rag.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you have rubber gloves it will help you getting a firm grip.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for your replies, I have got the lens off now, I used a shoe lace around the lens board.
    Once again thanks.

Steve

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin