Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,961   Posts: 1,523,126   Online: 972

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Substitute to light integrator for color analyzing??

I would like to take integrated meter readings with my Beseler PM2L color analyzer. Problem is I don't have the Beseler Light Integrator that fits below the enlarging lens. I tried different types of diffuser materials (e.g., the plastic diffuser inside mixing boxes) with little success because too much of the light is blocked, leaving too little hitting the probe on the easel. Has anyone found a suitable sustitute?

Shooter
    35mm
    try getting yourself a Roscoe or Lee cine gel swatchbook (I've seen them on eBay for cheap & free from the manufacturers) and inside they have various gradations of diffusion material....each one has a different density and "diffuse-ability". choose the one that suits....cheers,
    sam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look up Rosco theatrical lighting filters. They have a series of diffusions, that catalog number wise start around 100. A 3x5" designers swatch sample book, for perhaps $24 from b&h, or a somewhat more local light a theatrical lighting house will give you a lifetime of gels, in addition to what you need. The stuff is usually sold by 20x24" sheets for about $6.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can take the lens off to make the color readings.

Shooter
    35mm
    hhhhmmmmm ...... I.C. never thought about THAT! cool. thanks for the tip. cheers, sam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Other diffusing materials:

tissue paper
    milk carton plastic
    translucent can lids
    body dust cap supplied with new camera body
    ground glass - old focusing screen
    white plastic bag
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Thanks for the comments. I did try several of the suggestions but it is very difficult to get a consistent/reliable light meter reading with some, particularly for exposure, with the test negative. I will pick up some Rosco neutral density diffusers and see how it goes....and I'll also try without the lens....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin