Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,864   Posts: 1,583,189   Online: 761

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OK, the consensus seems to be that the stiffness is standard for this timer. I've used earlier models and the selector was always very easy to move. If this is the way the P-72 is, it's kind of a relief that I don't need to bother buying tools and tinkering with it. Thanks to everyone!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't forget that the set pointer needs to hold back the time pointer. It necessarily must be difficult to move or it wouldn't work.

Yes, it needs to be stiff to move but you should still be able to move it with two fingers worth of pressure.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I realize this is an old thread but for future reference i had the same issue with my P72 and have fixed it. I applied penetrating oil and lithium grease in the two areas in the photo and it freed up the dial a lot. Its still a bit tough but a lot better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1384.jpg   IMG_1385.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin