Switch to English Language Passer en langue franaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,691   Posts: 1,548,919   Online: 795

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CPP2 or CPE2

Shooter
    Medium Format

CPP2 or CPE2

I have an odd issue, I have a CPP2 which I rather enjoy. I think the water bath size alone is a great help for holding temperatures right for E-6, which I do regularly. I don't like the 1 Liter bottle size, I wish they were 600 ml because that's about as much chemical as I use on a single run.

I just picked up a CPE2 with 15 bottles and the 6 bottle insert (as apposed to the 4 bottle and 4 beaker insert). The question are:

Does the CPE2 have as much temperature control as the CPP2? I'm thinking about the thermostat and with regards to the smaller water volume and lack of a pump?

Is the CPE2 as durable as the CPE2?

Both have lifts, so that's not an issue. I don't plan on producing any prints in the drums currently (I may later). Just trying to think if I should sell one of the Jobos, or keep the CPP2 for E-6 and use the CPE2 for black and white... Thoughts?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wish I had this conundrum.

Keep them both.

I can't help as to durability but I bet they are the same.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The CPE2 isn't quite in the same league as any of the models with a water pump, but they do keep temperature fluctuations within +- 0.3C, actually within +-0.2C but I give a fudge factor.

The six bottle red insert is the optional E6 holder, the standard for the CPE2 is the 4 bottle and 4 flask holder.

600ml is best with E6 on the CPE2 as the water bath level is designed with that amount of liquid in the bottles.

For CPE2 and 1 litre bottles a TB tempering bath was the go, with transfer into the lift funnel as required, is also very consistent.

Both are good, but the motor on either can go anytime, from what I have seen and heard, but not experienced personally.

I have a working spare CPE2 to compliment my original CPE2, for the day it decides to drop it's lunch!

Mick.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Really, what is the difference between the CPP2 and the CPE2?
    And as you say, the motor can go at any time, is it possible to buy or adapt a replacement?

Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you need the 600ml Jobo bottles you must be quick. They still have them but the 1 ltr. bottles are already out of stock and all out of production.

The CPA/CPP are much better build then the CPE. They can also handle the Expert (30xx serie) drums. And the re-circulation pump gives the CPA/CPP much better specs in practice.
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Capacity really. The CPP2 can do more film and bigger paper in one run. Also, it's a larger machine, ment to do more volume.
    Personally, I think 600ml bottles are better for everything, I rarely used 1 L of chemistry in a run.

But I solved my delema, my Phototherm Sidekick should be here next week.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Jobo CPP-2 has a thermometer with a digital display, the target temperature can be set within 0.1C, water temperature control is supposed to be better.

The CPP-2 also has a cold water intake with an automatic tap and which allows cold water to enter the basins. That means that the CPP-2 can be used for processes to be carried at lower than ambient temperature, you can carry a 20 process while your room temperature is 28C and the Jobo will keep the temperature around 20 by letting cold water entering the basins when needed.

Actually the CPP-2 will use the cold water intake at any temperature. For instance while making an E-6 process the Jobo will open the cold water tap from time to time when the temperature goes some 0.3 C above my set temperature of 38.3 C. I find that this causes unnecessary temperature swinging and leave the cold water tap closed.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Actually the CPP-2 will use the cold water intake at any temperature. For instance while making an E-6 process the Jobo will open the cold water tap from time to time when the temperature goes some 0.3 C above my set temperature of 38.3 C. I find that this causes unnecessary temperature swinging and leave the cold water tap closed.
    Better of with a CPA-2 and elevator ......
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertZeroK
    Capacity really. The CPP2 can do more film and bigger paper in one run. Also, it's a larger machine, ment to do more volume.
    Personally, I think 600ml bottles are better for everything, I rarely used 1 L of chemistry in a run.

But I solved my delema, my Phototherm Sidekick should be here next week.
    Did you buy the one from the guy in Washington on eBay?
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Since the E6 chemicals come in 1 liter volumes, for each chemical you pour in say 600ml in the Jobo. When the time is up for that chemical, empty the tank into that bottle. Now the used will mix with the fresh and you will have 1 liter of that chemical that has process X rolls.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive     Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin