Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,099   Online: 1177

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

How to flatten easel blades

I've picked up a decent quality two bladed easel, unfortunately the blades are a bit wavy & no use for holding the paper flat & giving sharp edges. Does anyone know of a good method to flatten them?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A strong magnet on the top of the blade will cause the blade to "stick" to the base. I'd suggest small, incremental bends to the blades until they are just slightly concave, and then use magnets to flatten out the curve over time.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    If these are removeable blades then I'd have thought that a good machine shop with its equipment would be able to straighten them perfectly.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hammering it against a piece of steel will get most of it out. That is what body shop people do.....

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin