Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,499   Posts: 1,543,242   Online: 1014

Shooter
    Multi Format

JOBO and Paterson Reels compatibilities ?

hi everyone, this may sound very silly question, but anyone out there knows if the newer reels from JOBO or Paterson are interchangeable ? if the ones from JOBO could be used in Paterson tank and Vice versa? one would assume so, considering the length and the width of the film they are made for are the same ! it would be great if someone who knows for the fact could shed some lights on this issue, as the JOBO is good product and seems that they are pulling out of analog market, and Paterson is still in the market, and reasonably priced.

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Is there a source stating that they are pulling out? in that case I'll buy a couple of uniTanks.

In regards to your question, no they're not. I just checked, as I have both a Jobo 1510 and a Paterson System 4, both purchased last year. The center rod on the Paterson is too big for the Jobo reel, so it might fit with a little bit of sanding on the rod, but the reel seems to fit fine.

The Paterson reel is a tad too big for the Jobo tank, that one I have serious doubts that the sanding will help. Keep in mind that the interior diameter of the Jobo tank is slightly larger at the top (probably for housing the latching mechanism on the top cover or something like that. And like mentioned before, the Jobo rod will be slightly loose on the Paterson reel,but not by too much, you just can't get the reel inside the tank.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an old Jobo 1235 tank and reel, as well as Paterson reels and tanks. They are not interchangeable, due to differences in the central tubes. The light trap at the bottom of those tubes is also configured differently.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought Paterson System 4 3 tanks with each reels and bought JOBO 1500 tank, i ended up use that JOBO and never used Paterson after that.. and it is correct that i can't use the reels of each in swapping because the center rod of both are different, but why you want to know that if you have on of those tanks with its reel, are you gonna use Paterson reel in JOBO tank?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin