Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,968   Posts: 1,558,512   Online: 1094

Thread: Darkroom

Shooter
    Multi Format

Darkroom

I spent four hours last night cleaning out a storage room in the basement. My darkroom will have to share space with stuff in storage...but a rental car later and a 6 hour round trip drive, I have everything I need for a working darkroom - and it's a color enlarger. Wooo hooo! Now I don't have an excuse not to learn color anymore! lol!

*edit*

It's a Chromega B - and it's in great shape. I need a new bulb for it and it looks like it can handle a 120 negative...but no negative carrier that I could find. I found a manual online for it.

There were also a couple Paterson reels (which I LOVE) and one steel reel for 35mm. A tank for FOUR 35mm reels or 2 120 reels...and this big TUBE with a lid and a funny looking lip. Lo and behold, inside is an instruction sheet for it - and I can use it to develop sheet film. Huh. How cool is that? Plus a lot of plastic bottles, measuring cups, a thermometer, a TIMER that still works which is a MONSTER of a thing (LOVE IT!) and a safe light encrusted with white stuff. The lens on the enlarger looks great, the bellows are in pristine condition.

I love my cousin. I emailed her and told her I need to take her out for dinner.
    Last edited by pinhole_dreamer; 04-30-2011 at 06:34 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning...It smells like...PHOTOGRAPHY!

The photo blog has moved...
    I Love Film : by Susan McNutt, the mad photographer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pinhole_dreamer View Post
    It's a Chromega B - and it's in great shape. I need a new bulb for it and it looks like it can handle a 120 negative...but no negative carrier that I could find. I found a manual online for it.
    There is a 645 and a 6x6 carrier available. They're on ebay all the time. Good luck.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I found the negative carrier. It was in the drawer of the base.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning...It smells like...PHOTOGRAPHY!

The photo blog has moved...
    I Love Film : by Susan McNutt, the mad photographer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Spot on! And take her some where other than Wendy's or Sonic.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, take your cousin to dinner. But more importantly make a print for her with your own labor.

In the long run the things I value in my life are the things my family and friends went out of their way to do for me.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Shooter
    Large Format
    From you comment

"I found the negative carrier. It was in the drawer of the base."

it sounds like you have the Omega Concept Six enlarger equipped with the Chromega B dichroic color head.

For more information on this enlarger and a list of the part numbers for carriers and so forth go to this site:

http://www.khbphotografix.com/omega/

Choose “Discontinued Enlargers”, and click onto the photo of the Concept Six enlarger in the second row.

Then when you place the cursor on the photo you’ll see it toggle from the condenser setup to the dichro setup.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin