Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,523   Posts: 1,572,279   Online: 817

Shooter
    Multi Format

Need help to reassemble condensers in Beseler 45mcrx

I decided to clean the condensers on my head and now i can seem to remember how they go back. I let them dry overnight but the overnight lasted 3 days and in those three days I seem to have lost my memory. I left the bottom condenser in and removed the top condenser and glass. What i remember is that the condenser goes cone down on the top with the flat glass on top of that and the snap ring holding everything on top in place. Am i correct on that? What concerns me is that there is no place for the snap ring to lock into. Does the snap ring just sit on top of the glass and then the screws with the rubber holders hold everything in place? I guess the snap ring is the confusing issue for me because i expect it to sit in a grove like snap rings should.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0226.JPG   IMG_0225.JPG  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was just on Beseler's web site and could not get any information (most of the links seem to be down right now). You could try that later or they have a customer service number.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Large Format
    I used to have one of these, so this is from memory. Top lens cone down, retaining ring on top of that and the heat absorbing glass sits on top of the retaining ring. No, the retaining ring doesn't "snap" into anything.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks! That makes sense.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin