Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,254   Online: 991

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are the dichroic filters dirty?
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You got it NEW a year ago? What are these thing going for, $2500? I'd try to get it repaired under warranty (should be 5 years).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Are the dichroic filters dirty?
    No, they look clean.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    You got it NEW a year ago? What are these thing going for, $2500? I'd try to get it repaired under warranty (should be 5 years).
    I bought it as new old stock. I got a hell of a deal off of ebay. So there's no warranty. It was brand new out of the box. I'm hoping it's just the bulb. If I have to replace the bulb once a year so be it. I'm extremely happy with the enlarger otherwise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is magenta supposed to fade as the bulb is losing spectrum? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    I bought it as new old stock. I got a hell of a deal off of ebay. So there's no warranty. It was brand new out of the box. I'm hoping it's just the bulb. If I have to replace the bulb once a year so be it. I'm extremely happy with the enlarger otherwise.

I'm a little worried it is not the bulb, usually those bulbs go suddenly. Nothing wrong with checking with a new bulb, you can alway use a second spare bulb.

If you have a way to measure AC voltage you can check the terminals with a bulb in place and the lamp on and see if you get 82.0 V

If not, then something is amiss. The first place to check would be contacts, like any connectors or the bulb socket itself. Something could easily get corroded during storage, even on new equipment.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I did try plugging in and un-plugging the bulb quite a few times to see if I could clean the contacts. When measuring the light intensity before and after this did not do anything. Replacing the bulb will be the first step and if that is not the case then I can go from there. Let's hope it doesn't get to that point.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fixed my magenta weakening issue. The light bulb was not centered.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Just to update everyone, I got the new bulb today and that's what it was. I measured the light wide open at grade 2 with a Darkroom Automation enlarging meter at a certain height with the old bulb and got a measurement of 3.4. As soon as I put the new bulb in and turned it on I could tell a huge difference. The meter now measured 6.8, twice as much light!! I'm happy that this was the problem. Now I need to write that measurement down and remember to check it several months from now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thats good news.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin