Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,820   Posts: 1,581,648   Online: 869

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eclarke View Post
    It might be "voodoo", notice the obnoxious quote marks, but the OP had a problem with bad prints and the new bulb fixed it. Bulbs are $12 and paper is $2 a sheet, using fresh bulbs is a no-brainer....EC
    The OP did not post that he had "bad prints", his only complaint appears to be extremely long exposure times.

I certainly enjoy quick printing times - I often print 4x5 at 20x24 and the times can get rather long. A fresh bulb where there is no tungsten metal vacuum deposited on the inner surface of the bulb can certainly help keep times short.

But I'm still interested in how you projected bad prints and a loss of "sparkle" into this situation.
    Kirk

For up from the ashes, up from the ashes, grow the roses of success!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    [do] you just set a date and replace, like every year?
    If you monitor the bulb's output you can replace it when it is, say, 0.5 stop dimmer.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    This is a helpfull thread....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking inside the LPL 7700 I use, I see a Philips Photocrescenta 240v 75w bulb. Searching the web for replacement bulbs I see a UK ebay seller offering what appears to be the same style of bulb but from a different manufacturer. Were I to decide to replace the current bulb, can anyone with experience say if the ones at the link are just as good? Are the Philips bulbs still made?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks good. Seem like a reasonable price. Those non-quartz-halogen lights used in condenser heads do have a tendency to get black, so stock up.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin