Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,916   Posts: 1,584,724   Online: 749

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format

Anyone have a burned out JOBO motor?

I haven't burned mine out and dread the day when it does. Does anyone have a burned out unit that they would be willing to ship the motor to me so I can research the proper replacement? My unit has the old motor, so I am looking for the newer type so I can try to find both. I do not want the gear reduction box, just the motor itself.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Every month we rewind hundreds of armatures, motors, stators, etc. for which we have no idea of their manufacturer, application, rpm, voltage, etc.
    If you have an armature, field coil, motor, stator, or anything that requires winding, get it to Eurton and we’ll take care of the rest! http://eurtonelectric.com/support
    No experience with these people, but if mine ever blew I'd get it rewound. Or if you get a burned out one, have that rewound for a spare.

I did spend one day searching hundreds of pictures on google looking for a windshield motor of some German car. This one was the closest I could find.
    The picture is a Bosch from an E30 M3 BMW that looked pretty close.

A CPP motor picture was also posted awhile back: http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1098053 Did you see that one?
    Last edited by ic-racer; 05-16-2011 at 06:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My pump motor went out on my CPA-2- it started to make loud horrible noises under load. I just put an immersible garden pump to pump water up to the upper compartment (where the tank sits). Seems to work ok for B&W work. If anyone has any cheap ideas on replacing the pump I would like to hear it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Along with wiper motors, also check out worm-drive gear-head motors for power windows.

The problem with designing these motors into equipment, as Jobo evidently did, is that they aren't designed for continuous duty and the supply of the motors dries up when the car they were made for is no longer manufactured.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not sure about a CPE, but the CPP's supply 24v to the motor, so it might not be an automotive motor.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hello !
    In fact the CPE2 motor was an SWF made. It was made for a very long period of time (the wiper motors are somewhat generic, so using and re-using the same assembly makes for a lower price). It disappeared when SWF was bought by a bigger company then again bought by a bigger one which rationalized production (every company has such generic equipment parts, so as SWF was the smallest with the smallest share it had to go).
    If you can devise another way of fixing a wiper motor into your Jobo, you'll be safe because there are a lot of equipment out there with very similar capabilities (how many cars have wipers ? ;-) )
    As per re-winding a worn out motor, I bet it is not the bigger problem you'll face. IMHO the gearbox will die before the inductors or rotor...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    No experience with these people, but if mine ever blew I'd get it rewound. Or if you get a burned out one, have that rewound for a spare.

I did spend one day searching hundreds of pictures on google looking for a windshield motor of some German car. This one was the closest I could find.
    The picture is a Bosch from an E30 M3 BMW that looked pretty close.

A CPP motor picture was also posted awhile back: http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1098053 Did you see that one?
    Yes, I have seen the pictures. The reason I would like to get one in my hot little hands is so I can measure the motor size and see if there are any NEMA size motors that will replace it and still fit the power requirements. I don't know much about circuits, but if a windshield wiper motor is available that physically fits, but requires less than 24V, couldn't a resistor be put in place to allow the motor to operate at a lower voltage?
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Clarifying my previous post - it's the window lift motors that are intermittent duty, as expected. Wiper motors are continuous duty.

An intermittent use motor will overheat when used continuously. They also have smaller brushes and bearings.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I've got an old CPP-2 that I haven't used in a few years. It's motor was about to quit back then, and I just stopped using it. The heater & pump worked OK. I sold off the lift and drums a while ago. I was figuring on selling the base here, someday. Anybody got a feel for its' value?

Charley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a fully functional CPP-2 with a lift, about 10 years old that I was getting ready to sell.

Jerry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin