Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,399   Online: 1134

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks everyone! I guess I should contact Beseler about international sales, they seem to be the only survivor in this market... I used a few 45 at some point and, although I prefer diffusion heads, I was very happy with them.
    Thanks Martin for the odyssey-sales website, definitely looks interesting.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    I see no reason to buy new darkroom gear at this time. The market is flooded with top notch used equipment for pennies compared to new prices. Check b&h under 4x5 enlargers.
    That's not my experience, unfortunately. It seems to me that al the still-good stuff found a new home and all that is left is mostly junk.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is the only make, still available new, I know of:

http://www.kienzle-phototechnik.de/V...net_290404.pdf

Top notch from what I saw at Photokina.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There are sixty enlargers listed new on the B&H site. About five for 4x5 and even the Super Chromega F.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Vania View Post
    Hi,
    Just curious to know if there are still some 4x5 enlargers in production that will allow to print at least on 20x24 and possibly past that without having to project the image on a wall. I can't find any info on the net and most well known manufacturers websites are dead, malfunctioning or don't mention their enlarger production anymore.
    Thanks.
    Vania

P.S. I would need something easily accessible in Europe, and preferably France.
    yes, there are. beseler 45mxt is still around, costs $2274.99 USD. black and white asis, if you want color, you need an accessory color head(may be harder to find.)
    now, if it cannot do 20x24 (and in my experience, the previous model of 4x5 beseler could do so) just detach the machine from the baseboard and mount it on something. of course, controls are less accessible, but it gives more throw distance.
    hope this answers your question.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vania View Post
    In more that 12 years of serious photography, I've only bought used photo equipment from reliable sources so far (a lot actually) and had only horrible experience 99% of the time. I can always send back a camera or lense, etc., but a 4x5 enlarger... As for b&h there are in the US, and I'm in Europe. But thanks for sharing.
    This being said though the BEST enlargers were made before 1980... IMO things started getting cheapened. The best stuff seemed to be made in the 1960's. I know though there is refurbishing to be had... I am handy, I appreciate that you may not be.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can still get good stuff used although you have to stumble into it. I picked up a brand new Saunders 4550xl with a whole bunch of other stuff a couple of months ago for $200. You can of course still buy this enlarger new for something like $3700ish at Freestyle. If you want to do bigger prints, the best option is to wall mount the enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post

Ralph,

Kienzle also seem to produce a 'C120' model which might have more appeal in certain sectors of the marktet. Unfortunately to the best of my knowledge I've never seen a Kienzle machine in the "real world".

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Ralph,

Kienzle also seem to produce a 'C120' model which might have more appeal in certain sectors of the marktet. Unfortunately to the best of my knowledge I've never seen a Kienzle machine in the "real world".

Tom
    Tom

I've seen them, good stuff and built like a tank! But, as others have pointed out, people interested in new enlargers still have several options these days. I didn't know that.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post

New DeVeres were still being made to special order last year - for an eye watering price

Martin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin