Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,550   Posts: 1,573,069   Online: 817

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    New DeVeres were still being made to special order last year - for an eye watering price

Martin
    But they are refurbished models, right? Nothing wrong with that, just to be clear.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Still available new (what I have owned for about 15 years)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...ssis_Only.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi there,

In the UK First-Call list an LPL 5x4 enlarger new that will print to 20x24 - not cheap though. Don't know about delivery into Europe but can't be impossible.

http://www.firstcall-photographic.co...l-c7452-colour

Sim2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    I see no reason to buy new darkroom gear at this time. The market is flooded with top notch used equipment for pennies compared to new prices. Check b&h under 4x5 enlargers.
    Yep. (Emphasis was added.)

I got my Beseler with computerized color head and three German lenses on boards (50, 80, 105), a nice grain focuser, Ilford enlarging meter, all the blueprints and instruction manuals for the enlarger and head, and a Beseler color analyzer locally for $60. I paid another $80 for a 150mm Rodenstock enlarging lens in perfect condition. I paid another $30 for two boxes full of tanks, reels, graduates, a film dryer, etc. Then I paid $100 for a tempered water bath and four tanks. For $270 plus the cost of a trip across town, I got probably $6,000 or $7,000 worth of equipment if it was priced as new.

All you have to do is patiently stalk your local Craigslist and APUG classifieds. Eventually, a deal will come up for you. The Beselers can be mounted with a drop shelf, or leaned back for wall projection.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    But they are refurbished models, right? Nothing wrong with that, just to be clear.
    Most of Odyssey sell are refurbished models - after all the basic machines are built like tractors - you will never wear them out

But - if you really insist, they will make brand new ones for you

Martin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Humm... That C120 from kienzle looks like quite something! Anyone has a direct experience with it ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Fujimoto, now part of Kenko, still makes Lucky enlargers. QE45 is the same as 450M-C which I recently bought for a ridiculous price and it's good to know that parts are still being made. Hope this link works:

http://translate.google.hr/translate...915901013.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vania View Post
    Humm... That C120 from kienzle looks like quite something! Anyone has a direct experience with it ?
    Perhaps a German APUG member might have had some direct experience with one.

Not in reference to yourself, but on another point, I've aquired my darkroom equipment mostly second hand but some new as well. It seems rather shortsided to deny that there may be good reasons for purchasing new equipment; afterall promoting a healthy market in darkroom equipment is a worthwhile activity and insures continued availability of both major items and accessories / parts.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not the C120 but believe me: Kienzle and Dunco are making the best enlargers in Europe.
    And for special wishes: Custom made but of course these nice features have its price.
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin