Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,434   Online: 810

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

4x5 enlargers still in production ?

Hi,
    Just curious to know if there are still some 4x5 enlargers in production that will allow to print at least on 20x24 and possibly past that without having to project the image on a wall. I can't find any info on the net and most well known manufacturers websites are dead, malfunctioning or don't mention their enlarger production anymore.
    Thanks.
    Vania

P.S. I would need something easily accessible in Europe, and preferably France.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The Bessler 45 allows removal of base-board to project lower.... of course lens selection has a lot to do with it.
    I use a 80mm lens for my 35mm work.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see no reason to buy new darkroom gear at this time. The market is flooded with top notch used equipment for pennies compared to new prices. Check b&h under 4x5 enlargers.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    In more that 12 years of serious photography, I've only bought used photo equipment from reliable sources so far (a lot actually) and had only horrible experience 99% of the time. I can always send back a camera or lense, etc., but a 4x5 enlarger... As for b&h there are in the US, and I'm in Europe. But thanks for sharing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Beseler 45M series uses a bracket that locks the head back for wall projection , any dimension you choose.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The question is "can you get a 120mm WA enlarging lens?"

I think the Rodagon 120mm WA is out of production.

I do think that with a common 135mm lens most 4x5 enlargers made will do 20x24, but that is probably the maximum.

According to the specs of the Omega D5 XL it will do 7.5x enlargements with the 135mm lens. That would work out to 30x36" on the baseboard.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 05-17-2011 at 11:06 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    the beseler 45m is one of the very few that is still being produced. If you can get your hands on an "adjus-table" table for it, then you can lower the baseboard way down and most likely be able to do some really huge prints. The table is just nice in general.
    Hope this helps,
    Austin

Shooter
    Large Format
    A 20” x 24” print likely needs at least a 21” wide projection. To that you need the following focal length and negative-to-print distance combinations:

150mm, 1196.4mm

135mm, 1076.8mm

120mm, 957.2mm

The negative-to-print distance is easily measured.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    DeVere 504 with a 150mm lens will project a 20x24 print onto its base board from a 5x4 neg

Made in the UK - http://www.odyssey-sales.co.uk/

They make a new units but also sell refurbished existing units

Martin

Shooter
    4x5 Format

20x24 on baseboard

I use an 80mm Repromaster on my Omega D2V. It will cover 4x5 and gives me 20x24 prints on the baseboard. The one negative point is that the lens is f/9. However, I find it bright enough to focus.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin