Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,932   Posts: 1,585,465   Online: 989

Shooter
    Medium Format

Enlarger identification question...

A friend of mine in Germany rescued a nice enlarger from a school darkroom that was shutting down. He has not been able to give me any real information about it, but there is a low quality photo of it. It is clear that it has an Ilford Multigrade 500 head, and it looks like it is a Durst enlarger, but I cannot find the model...it looks different than most of the common models I have been able to find. Does anyone know specifically which model it is? Is it a 4x5 enlarger, or just medium format? I use a Multigrade 500 head, so I know it will support 4x5, but I don't think they were using it for 4x5....
    The photo is attached...
    Thanks for the help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails durst-enlarger-question.jpg  

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Looks like it has 2 lenses, so it would be a DA900, which goes up to 6x9.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That looks like it! Thanks very much for the quick response!

Shooter
    35mm
    Yup, it's a DA900 alright. It came in various forms; ideally the lenses will be Durst Schneider-Kreuznach 50 and 80mm for 35mm and 6x7 negs, or 50 and 105 mm for 35 mm and 6x9 negs with matching the cams for the Autofocus. Don't forget you will need the MG 500s transformer which is liable to failure and very difficult to replace (rarely seen on eBay) and the 500c controller - not quite so vulnerable and readily replaced with the RH Designs Analyser 500.
    Richard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin