Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,709   Posts: 1,548,618   Online: 1150

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I, too, used the famous Build Your Own Darkroom book to construct my sink. I used fir and ply throughout and finished it with waterproof paint. Much cheaper than metal, and your saw determines all dimensions.
    Mine is 41" high at the front rail and is 7" deep at the drain end. I'm 6'1" and this is just the right height for me. No fatigue, back ache or "jimmy leg"
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Darkroom Sink.JPG  

Shooter
    Large Format
    I have built 11 darkrooms for myself and others including the university of utah and I find the best sink is 5 inches deep, 32 inches front to back, as long as possible and set the height if the rim even with your elbow to prevent bending. I injured my L-5 many years ago so I understand back pain, everything in my darkroom is tall the only problem is my children use a stool at the sink.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin