Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,879   Posts: 1,520,371   Online: 1111

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Remote control LED bulb as enlarger light source?

Has anyone considered or tried using one of these as an enlarger light source for VC papers?
    http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/...html?opFR=true
    A big advantage would be no modification to the enlarger head.

Or does anyone else have a neat working LED solution that they will share, please?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wow that is close. Too bad the interface is not tweaked a little bit for 'us.' The way it stands, the Red to Yellow settings will not change contrast. The Green to Cyan settings will not change contrast and the Blue to Magenta settings will not change contrast.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I'm no electronics expert, but I have tinkered intelligently with an Arduino and have a fair idea what the circuitry in these things must be doing - so I'm tempted to try to hack one to make it do what 'we' want. But first I'd like to be sure no-one already has a much better worked-out solution? It may be, for instance, that a custom-made array of LEDs produces a more even beam of light than this 'bulb' could. I have searched archived threads here and on other forums, but can't see any completely proven set-ups.

Any more comments from experienced tinkerers would be greatly appreciated.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin