Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,104   Online: 908

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sure there must be several more people feeling in need of a replacement motor, even if they want it just in case. Why don't we ask the Joboman to find alternative motors, modify them and sell them to us?
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Ralph, hopefully I can help with that. I have sourced a motor locally and I am waiting for it to arrive. There will be modifications required to make it fit, but hopefully not too much cutting of the unit. The only drama's (for others) is the rotation speed, as I am using a different power supply, I can regulate this better.

What I would like, if anyone is confident and handy with a multi meter, is for some one to measure the voltage across the motor at the different speeds and report back. Then I should be able to work out if my solution will work for others.

Cheers
    Last edited by hoffy; 06-04-2011 at 11:56 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Changed the word reply for arrive - I am a dill some days and should proof read my replies!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    What I would like, if anyone is confident and handy with a multi meter, is for somoe to measure the voltage across the motor at the different speeds and report back. Then I should be able to work out if my solution will work for others.

Cheers
    This is for a CPE-2 Artikel #4060 apparent serial no. 3811.

No load conditions.

11 VDC - motor speed 1 - 25 RPM
    22 VDC - motor speed 2 - 65 RPM

Lee
    Last edited by Lee L; 06-04-2011 at 09:23 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Cheers for that Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffy View Post
    Cheers for that Lee
    You're welcome. Only took a couple of minutes. I'm interested to see what you come up with as potential replacement hardware.

Lee

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    APUG is a wonderful thing! An international photo project, I love it!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    did you ever install the new replacement motor? how did it come out?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's still on it's way!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well, better late then never. I picked up my little replacement motor from my Brother the other day(he works in the engineering industry and 'got me a good price'). I finally got to having a look at it compared to my CPE2. Unfortunately it's EXACTLY the width of the controls compartment, so to play it safe, (plus I need to space it out past the rocker switch for reversing direction), I will need to cut a hole in the back side to make it fit. I also have to make a coupling and a spacer (to clear the switch) but I already knew that (do you know how hard it is to find an electric motor with a long metric shaft in this country???).

I also connected it to my power supply and measured the rotation. @ aprox 18V, it was rotating at exactly 60RPM. @ aprox 9V, it was rotating at around 35RPM. This means that it should suit me perfectly, as I am no longer using the PSU that is in the unit. I would say, though, that if anyone was to follow my lead, but use the original 22V PSU, they may need to find something a bit slower, or throttle the motor back.

I'll keep you posted....hmmm, now to find someone with a lathe....

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin