Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,543   Online: 1048

Thread: Drainage pump

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Drainage pump

I just thought this might be useful to someone. I needed to pump out the waste water from my darkroom, and considered buying a purpose built drainage pump solution from the plumber. These cost quite a lot, so I decided to put together one from inexpensive parts.

It consists of one of the cheapest automatic pumps I could find, a plastic storage box, a pipe from the sink and a tube connected to he drain pipe in the house.

Trond
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails pumpe.JPG  

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice solution, thanks.

Just FYI, the reason the purpose built pumps cost so much is because they grind up any solids that may be in the water they have to pump out.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Trond. That is about where I am going.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice set up. You may want to consider a sturdier box with a gasketed lid that won't leak if the water gets too high, or else, a second pump that can be a backup. I can guarantee that there will be a time when the pump will fail to come on for one reason or another (BTDT).

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin