Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,729   Posts: 1,515,225   Online: 905

Thread: Kodak Siphon

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Kodak Siphon

Warning: Real Ignorant Question

OK, I fell like an idiot asking this question but must do it anyway. I recently picked up a Kodak Siphon, the kind that goes into a tray and siphons the water from the bottom. No directions with the unit but I figure no problem since it looks remarkably simple. Well, a week later I am still trying to figure out how the siphon works.

Would really appreciate some help on how to set this thing up.

Sandy

Images
    Basically, you clip it on to the side of a large tray, turn the water on and let er rip. The one thing I have found with mine is that I need to run it at a pretty high volume of water until it gets going, otherwise the siphon action won't get going and it will just overflow the tray and flood.
    hi!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Sandy,
    Did you get a new siphon or a used one? The reason I ask is years ago I had one stored in a closet and a varmit of some kind used it for storing acorns. Worked fine after removing the acorns. Never had any problems with it after that.
    Wm Blunt

As Brian say's, you clip it to the side of the tray. The water flows out the spout and the siphon concept draws in water on the bottom of the spout creating a water circulation and drops it into the sink. I have mine on a 20x24 tray that is elevated about four inches so the bottom of the siphon is not hitting the bottom of the sink.
    I couldn't think of anything witty to say so I left this blank.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    One end of the rubber hose goes to the water supply, the other end plugs into the top end of the nozzle. Turn on the water after you have both ends connected.

Ignorance can be solved, stupidity, however, is another matter....
    A New Project! Transformations 02/02/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    Warning: Real Ignorant Question

OK, I fell like an idiot asking this question but must do it anyway. I recently picked up a Kodak Siphon, the kind that goes into a tray and siphons the water from the bottom. No directions with the unit but I figure no problem since it looks remarkably simple. Well, a week later I am still trying to figure out how the siphon works.

Would really appreciate some help on how to set this thing up.

Sandy
    Isn't it great that we are all human!
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sandy, have found it works best when the tray is elevated and the bottom of the siphon is not touching the bottom of the sink as Michael stated.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lipka
    One end of the rubber hose goes to the water supply, the other end plugs into the top end of the nozzle. Turn on the water after you have both ends connected.

Ignorance can be solved, stupidity, however, is another matter....
    Wow, it worked perfectly when I did as you suggest.

Thanks.

Sandy

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin