Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,190   Online: 697

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another thought, but not from experience. Might it not be possible to scrub the inside of bottles with cleaned sand? Wash the sand to remove the finest silt and any dirt.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sand will scratch plastic and even glass. I use a small amount of uncooked rice with a small amount of water and vigorous shaking to remove deposits.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use mostly gatorade and juice bottles. They are like the soda bottles, but have a bigger opening, which makes pouring easier. The larger cap is also handy to write on with a crayon or sharpie as to the contents, such as "film fixer". If the bottle is mostly full, you can squeeze it a little to reduce the capacity of the bottle so it's full. (soft drink bottles works equally well in this regard). I let them sit overnight with water in them for a while to dissolve any odor prior to use.

If you re-use a food bottle, label the contents on the cap, remove the beverage label so it is not mistaken as beverage, store it locked in the darkroom, not a living space, etc.. Standard safety for liquid chemicals regardless of the container.

Dayquil/Nyquil or one of their equivalents also come with a nice plastic graduated cup marked off 5,7.5,10,15,20 ml. This is handy for measuring concentrates.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin