Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,610   Online: 897

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Jobo CPP 4111 Questions (+image)

Hi All,

I have been offered for sale the following Jobo CP 4111 kit:

I know absolutely nothing about these machines, I have up to now been doing my processing by hand in metal tanks. I have a couple of questions:

• The seller claims that it' 100% complete and in working order - basically what you see in the image. Does it appear to be? For example, are there any other attachments / probes / wires / gadgets that this thing needs that I would be missing?
    • My primary interest in this thing is to develop 4x5in film, B&W, as well as exploring E-6 processing at home. The secondary benefit, I guess, is the possibility of doing larger prints that what I can currently with trays.
    • Which film processing tank(s) would fit into this thing (if any)? I understand this is an older generation of Jobo machine.

Otherwise, any recommendations or shared experiences would be much appreciated. The machine is not close enough for me to inspect, so I will be buying "blind". The price will be about $180 (with a free Fujimoto enlarger thrown in, that I do not need...) - worth it? It's far enough to be a weekend-away drive for me, however!

Thank you in advance for your shared expertise - this forum is a wonderful resource.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, this is a very old generation Jobo rotary processor.
    If you want seriously do sheet film (4x5"- 5x7" or 8x10") you have to go to their Expert drums. But these (30xx) drums will only fit into the newer models CPA-2 and CPP-2 processors. Also the temperature regulation is more precise,+/- 0,2C. And these processors can be equipped with an elevator which is very handy in short developing times like C41 and E6.

This is my setup: CPA-2 with elevator. I modified the unit with the latest elevator model from Jobo. Costs about Eur. 200,00 for the whole unit plus (new) elevator. Also a re-circulation pump is built in and the temperature regulation is indeed very precise.

best chance is on German E-bay or Dutch marktplaats.nl
    My favorite store: http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    If it works, then it would be great for processing color film and prints. It is not necessary for B&W. It looks complete, and there are other drums and reels available (used) for processing different size films.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When I try to view this image, my site adviser tells me that this is a suspicious image and should not be viewed or otherwise visited. I would like to view it up close, but the image is restricted on my computer due to suspicious activity at the source.

It looks interesting and I would like to examine it more closely, but I cannot. I take these warnings seriously.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    The picture is hosted at deviantart.net, where, besides the legitimate activity, in the past a certain number of assholes published pirated photographs and illustrations as if they where their own. I wouldn't be surprised if the practice were still alive. In this case the site seems to only perform the function that ordinarily sites like Flickr or Picasa would perform, it provides an external link for an image.

In principle a JPEG image cannot be "suspicious" (as in carrying a virus or a trojan horse) because a JPEG in principle does not contain any code and therefore cannot transmit any infection. In practice in the past Microsoft had the bad habit of delivering programs which could execute VBScript code embedded anywhere, and this created the problem of viruses spread through file formats that in principle should never be able to do so, because the program which is used to read the file should in principle not execute any code, only read the file.

I have disabled all the "site advisers" as it is my experience that the advice is actually crowd-sourced and therefore quite unreliable. Some people which forward paranoid crusades against tracking cookies would not hesitate to flag a site as suspicious just because it sends a tracking cookie. Some other people might have flagged deviantart.net as suspicious because, as said, some people sells through it material for which they do not retain the copyright.

The site can be suspicious as far as those two matters are concerned, but the Jobo machine should be valid nonetheless
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    When I try to view this image, my site adviser tells me that this is a suspicious image and should not be viewed or otherwise visited. I would like to view it up close, but the image is restricted on my computer due to suspicious activity at the source.

It looks interesting and I would like to examine it more closely, but I cannot. I take these warnings seriously.

PE
    Seriously? This is simply a hosted image from deviantart.com, a place like flickr.com where millions host their images. My entire gallery is hosted there - has been for years (safely). You can view the image from the page here:

http://philosomatographer.deviantart...4111-211955678

Any insights as to the machine would be appreciated :-) Specifically, the actual dev tanks for 4x5in that will fit it, etc. How does the machine measure water temperature - internally, or does something plug into the front panel?

I really want to get into E6 4x5in development myself (been doing B&W exclusively for years) - and I am hoping this machine might be the ticket?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think you might be disappointed with this Jobo for 4x5. The problem is those tanks probably will not take standard 2509 4x5 reels. They look like early Jobo tanks that are different I believe. But I could be wrong..anyone know about these old Jobo tanks?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My latest version of McAfee Site adviser (upgraded with a full restart just today before going to this photo) warned me that the site hosting the image was trying to do something and was being blocked until I gave the OK to go ahead. I backed out.

PE

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    My latest version of McAfee Site adviser (upgraded with a full restart just today before going to this photo) warned me that the site hosting the image was trying to do something and was being blocked until I gave the OK to go ahead. I backed out.

PE
    Photo Engineer, I really appreciate the effort - but trust me - there is nothing harmful or dangerous about one of the world's largest (if not the largest) art hosting sites. Secondly, if you use a safer (non-microsoft) browser, you should have even less to worry about.

Anyway, the best I can do, is route you to a google image search for this processor (click).

Domaz, you seem to think that I would be out of luck with this processor for developing 4x5in film - what would you recommend instead? I would like something that can both do film, and large print drums, if possible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm using Mozilla V 4.x, the most recent download.

All I'm doing is reporting what happened. Sorry.

PE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin