Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,534   Posts: 1,544,050   Online: 1109

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Take off the Condenser , three screws, It will drop so be carful and package separtely in bubble wrap and box.
    Take off the base board , do not lose the three bolts holding in place.
    Lower the head or raise it but in both cases secure it so it does not travel up or down , do not trust the locking mechanisam.
    Take off any lenses, remove the bulb, remove the single condensor in the slotted drawer, bubble wrap this and put separate in box.
    get all parts you can as well as any method of wall mounting, bulbs, glass carriers, carriers lens mounts ect.

This is a wonderful piece of equipment , it looks like it is in really good shape so have lots of fun, I have 8 of these some in storage and are good for life.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The couple of times I've had to move mine, this is what I've done (what Bob and the others have said). I'd like to emphasize one of Bob's points: do not trust the locking mechanisam. That is, perhaps, the only flimsy part of the enlarger. Find some other way to lock the head in place. I've generally raised the head fully and wrapped the raise/lower knob with plastic packing tape to keep it from moving. If you pad it and set it on its side it should travel fine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, the lock screw does not resemble that. It has a small plastic clamp and a screw with a large plastic knob. Just look to the right and the lowest part of the whole caridge. You'll see it.

To take the condenser off.... You have two involved here. The variable condenser is in the little box with the door. Lift and remove. Wrap it carefully. You don't want this banging around in the box while you transport. The big aluminum one is held in place by 3 screws. One at the rear is not tight. Two in front are thumb screws. Losen them and twist the whole condenser assembly to the left just a few degrees. It will come off. Be careful at this point because lens themselves are NOT secured in this aluminum assembly. If you flip it up side down, they'll just fall out. Wrap that carefully, too.

The whole thing is QUITE heavy and top heavy. Have a friend to help you move that thing.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    After you get it taken apart. put some pressure on the negative stage and allow it to rise to the top of the column and tighten it down. That way if the stage does slip it's already at the stop.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    missed the second page, nevermind

Shooter
    Multi Format

Just a little update

I picked up the enlarger last week. I also was able to get some other things. The enlarger came with 35mm, 6x6, and 4x5 negative carriers, one of each. I also got a 50mm, 75mm, and 150mm lens attached to boards. The 50 and 75 are on flat boards and the 150 in a dished one.

The condensers all seems to be in pretty good shape. The only slight issue seems to be a little separation in the 150mm lens. it is on the edge of the lens and seems to be completely covered by the aperture blades by f/5.6 so I don't think it will be a real issue if I ever get to printing 4x5 negatives.

Attached are some images of some of the things I picked up. I also got a bit of literature that I need to got through.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00311.JPG   DSC00308.JPG   DSC00307.JPG  
    Jason

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin