Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,904   Online: 1040

Shooter
    Multi Format

Warming Tray vs. Immersion Heaters

Any preference between a Warming Tray and an Immersion Heater? Is one easier to deal than the other? Relative Temp. Accuracy?

I will need to get the temperature in the Dev. tray at 72F, Toner 79F and sometimes 100F (Nelson Gold).
    A tray inside another tray is not an option because of space limitations. I've seen some threads on this but wonder if there is some information that is slightly more up-to-date.
    Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Tray warmers are easier, but maybe not as accurate. The danger with immersion heaters is they need deep levels of liquid to ensure they stay immersed. I have them in a Colour print drum water bath and they are very effective but once set temperature can't be varied easily, however with two heaters and a separate thermostat they are very accurate.

It's your developer temperature that's more important, the toners are done by inspection in good room lighting or daylight so temperature is less critical.

Ian

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    My neighbor and I both use a pig warmer from Farmtek. Deadly accurate, I set my once two years ago, and have never had to fiddle with it. You need the mat and the temp control with probe. The original advice came fro Murray Minchin on this forum and there is a thread somewhere..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The warming tray/pig heater/pet bed approach is fine if your room humidity and airflow don't vary much. Otherwise, evaporative cooling may change the solution temperature even if the heater is at it's setpoint. Plastic trays don't conduct heat all that well, so this is a problem with any setup not involving an immersion probe. Covering the trays when not actually in use will help considerably.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin