Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,889   Posts: 1,629,895   Online: 1018
      
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 22
  1. #11

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Central Virginia, USA
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    540
    I double load 120 on a paterson reel, it helps to tape the rolls together. When I had a jobo, those reels had litlte plastic things to seperate two spools of 120.

  2. #12
    Diapositivo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rome, Italy
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,844
    If you use a rotative processor like my Jobo CPP-2 with lift the amount of chemicals is smaller than when using inversion, and therefore also the emptying - filling time is shorter. The liquids are inserted into the tank while the tank is horizontal and rotating so all rolls basically touch the chemicals at the same time. Provided the processor is well levelled (measuring levelling on the tank) there should be no uniformity problems.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    17,419
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    16
    if you can get a few large 3-4 gallon tupperware container and a few coat hangers
    you can make a dip/dunk system to process your film ...
    just bend the bottom of the coathanger to keep the films from sliding off
    and load the hanger up as high as your tank goes
    you can make 2 or 3 hangers like this ... put your film on, and raise / lower your film shishkabobs
    to agitate i used to process film like this for years but i opted for the metal reels and 3 reel hand tanks
    its just as easy and works fine ... just process your film a couple a day and you will be OK ...
    no use rushing everything and poorly processing ... some negatives can't be replaced ...

    good luck !
    john

  4. #14
    michaelbsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,106
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian
    if you can get a few large 3-4 gallon tupperware container and a few coat hangers
    you can make a dip/dunk system to process your film ...
    just bend the bottom of the coathanger to keep the films from sliding off
    and load the hanger up as high as your tank goes
    you can make 2 or 3 hangers like this ... put your film on, and raise / lower your film shishkabobs
    to agitate i used to process film like this for years but i opted for the metal reels and 3 reel hand tanks
    its just as easy and works fine ... just process your film a couple a day and you will be OK ...
    no use rushing everything and poorly processing ... some negatives can't be replaced ...

    good luck !
    john
    I'll guarantee this will be cheaper than the basket and 3 gallon stainless tanks.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

    The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    17,419
    Blog Entries
    2
    Images
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    I'll guarantee this will be cheaper than the basket and 3 gallon stainless tanks.
    like with everything ... it takes a roll or 2 to figure out agitation technique
    and time needed ... you need to lower slowly so there aren't surge marks
    then barely move the shishkabob up and down using the same development time
    as sheet-film in hangers / deep tank it was a piece of cake ...
    you can even use dektol and it would make it super fast to process
    1:3 for 1:45 mins ... i know, i know massive grain you are thinking to yourself
    but it just isn't true, dektol can yield wonderful film negatives

    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/3...ilm-paper.html

    it seems that don's images aren't available right now,
    but i am sure if you pm him he will be happy to give you the low-down

    have fun !
    john

  6. #16
    dpurdy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Portland OR USA
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Posts
    2,091
    Images
    38
    I have a home made system that allows me to process a lot of film for custom lab clients. I went to "Tap Plastics" and got 5"diameter plastic tubes cut into 24" lengths and then got 6x6" acrylic squares to glue to the bottom of them to make a base they stand up on. I used the proper glue they sell which seals well and then added to the strength with epoxy.
    Then I went to a metal shop that sold stainless steel rods and bought a couple slightly less than an 8th inch diameter and I bent a handle on one end and bent a spiral on the other. Now I can load 8 120 reels or 14 35mm reels on at once. The tanks hold 10 liters so I put in 2 packages of XTOL. I made floating lids out of plastic food containers like large cottage cheese or yogurt. Some are exactly the right diameter to make a perfect floating lid. I just tape the container lid on the empty container with packing tape.
    I keep track of the film I process and use the extended development method of countering developer exhaustion. I can process 150 rolls of film in one 10L mix of developer.
    I agitate by lifting the film on the rod completely out of the developer tank and then putting it back in. I get perfectly even development. The time it takes to lift the film out and move it to the next tank of stop bath is not significant.
    You wouldn't have to make yours as large as mine. You could scale it down so the tank will hold only 5L Xtol or only a gallon of your favorite developer. If you have the room for all that in your bathroom it is the best way to do it as far as even development, perfect smooth skies and the same processing on the inside of the reel as the outside frame.
    Dennis

  7. #17
    PDH
    PDH is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    I have a home made system that allows me to process a lot of film for custom lab clients. I went to "Tap Plastics" and got 5"diameter plastic tubes cut into 24" lengths and then got 6x6" acrylic squares to glue to the bottom of them to make a base they stand up on. I used the proper glue they sell which seals well and then added to the strength with epoxy.
    Then I went to a metal shop that sold stainless steel rods and bought a couple slightly less than an 8th inch diameter and I bent a handle on one end and bent a spiral on the other. Now I can load 8 120 reels or 14 35mm reels on at once. The tanks hold 10 liters so I put in 2 packages of XTOL. I made floating lids out of plastic food containers like large cottage cheese or yogurt. Some are exactly the right diameter to make a perfect floating lid. I just tape the container lid on the empty container with packing tape.
    I keep track of the film I process and use the extended development method of countering developer exhaustion. I can process 150 rolls of film in one 10L mix of developer.
    I agitate by lifting the film on the rod completely out of the developer tank and then putting it back in. I get perfectly even development. The time it takes to lift the film out and move it to the next tank of stop bath is not significant.
    You wouldn't have to make yours as large as mine. You could scale it down so the tank will hold only 5L Xtol or only a gallon of your favorite developer. If you have the room for all that in your bathroom it is the best way to do it as far as even development, perfect smooth skies and the same processing on the inside of the reel as the outside frame.
    Dennis
    I made a system like Dennis's only smaller for 4 rolles of 120 and used Microdol stock with replenisher. I also have a old unicolor film drum which I will take 3 rolls.

  8. #18
    michaelbsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,106
    Images
    5
    I would ask again if it is a requirement that all the rolls be processed simultanously?
    If not then either a Phototherm or a Jobo will give you extremely repeatable batch to batch results even weeks apart.

    And also how many is "more than four" rolls? Six? Or twenty? Or is that still unknown?

    If it is a commercial project then I would strongly suggest buying a rotary processor, either new or used. Phototherm still sells and supports the SSK8R. And they'll support it even if you buy it used.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

    The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

  9. #19
    Rick A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    north central Pa
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    6,653
    Images
    35
    If you are interested(shameless plug) I have Ilford Cibachrome processing tubes for sale. The short one holds three 120 reels and the long one holds 6, or four 35mm and eight 35mm reels.
    Rick Allen
    Argentum aevum

  10. #20
    michaelbsc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,106
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass
    Jobo can hand more than four rolls.

    1520Tank +153+1530 10
    2583(2523+2560) 10
    2593(2553+2560) 14

    Steve
    And if you process 10 today, then 10 more in two weeks, then 10 more 3 months later they will be consistent batch to batch if you operate the machine properly.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

    The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin