Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,821   Online: 725

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Jobo lift missing something...

I just acquired my first ever Jobo, which is a CPE2+ with lift, which I'm so thrilled about. I just had it delivered today from Germany, where I bought it from. I'm still in my office right now so cannot test whether it's working as described. But from inspection, the lift may be missing something. Please look at the photo I attached. Appreciate those that are familiar with the item could identify the missing part in my case.

Please pay attention to the white cog-like thing. It seems originally it must have been a pair, but in this case the lift comes with only one. What does this thing do and whether its missing pair is critical. Also appreciate if anyone can tell me where I could locate spares for it.

Thank you so much in advance.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Jobo_lift.jpg  
    Last edited by chioque; 06-17-2011 at 10:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Your lift is correct and there is only ONE transfer gear. You are good to go. !!
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great... that's a relief. Thank you very much Scott for the confirmation. Can't wait to get back home and have a test run of the machine. Thank you thank you. I'm not familiar with the machine so please excuse my ignorance and unfounded panic

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yours is like mine, only one drive cog. It can be placed on either side of the unit, hence the extra space.

I guess Scott types faster than me, plus I had to look at mine to verify(just got one as well).
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I think it is meant to be that way, I think the hole is for parts on the bigger processors I think (like the ATL series). I have a cpp2 with lift and it works fine without it.
    Not sure where to get parts, apart from searching ebay...

They are handy processors, enjoy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    As stated by Scott et al, it is exactly as it should be.

Enjoy!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    In my Jobo lift (which I use with a CPP-2) the white cog is on the right side, the red cap is on the upper hole, and the funnel is on the lower hole. This configuration of mine works with 1500 series Jobo tanks.

I imagine that the funnel on the upper hole is needed in case you use a tank of a larger series, e.g. an Expert Drum. In that case you would swap the content of the two "holes" and maybe you have to change place to the white gear.

Your present configuration seems to be the one for the larger tanks, and you might have to move things a bit if you want to use 1500 tanks.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good news for me. I like using steel reels rather than plastics. I went through my 4 120 Hewes and realised than one is different. Upon closer inspection and googling I realised it's actually a 1566 Jobo Hewes steel reel which can be used in the Jobo 1500 tanks as well as Paterson tanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There should be a set of extension arms for the tank rollers so that 1500 series tanks use the same fill point as 2500 series tanks. All I do is adjust the roller height and spread with the arms to use the smaller tank.
    I feel, therefore I photograph.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin