Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,611   Online: 716

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Jobo tank questions

Hi all,

I have some quick questions regarding the sizing of tanks. I have a CPP-2 with lift that came with a few tanks (all unlabelled) and two black reels (2502?), though I only have enough centre-post to support a single reel (set for 120 width) in the short tank. The tanks I have are of about 136mm external diameter, one is 100mm long (2521?), one is 240mm long (2830?) and I have a 290mm extension (2870?).

Can someone please tell me if I've guessed the correct model numbers? Googling for Jobo tanks gets me plenty of pictures and info on the fill levels but nothing about their physical dimensions.

Now, 15xx drums. They are of smaller diameter, right? Is there any benefit to using them over the 2xxx drums, particularly for roll-film? I have a chance to buy what looks like a 1520+1530 with 4 reels and the complete plastic column, which means I could probably (depending on capacity) soup 4 rolls at a go, which is plenty for me. However:

My CPP-2 doesn't seem to have the little black plastic roller-extension tabs that the manual says I should use to support 15xx and 30xx drums. The rollers are mounted directly in those little cross-pieces. Are the tabs obtainable? I think I'm going to need them for the 3010 that I would like to buy...

Do I bother with the 15xx kit or will it just be a damn hassle without the roller support tabs?

Update: my 240mm long tank has no ribs to support prints so I suspect it might actually be a 2551. It's 213mm long internally and has a flat bottom (unlike the 2521 with an indented bottom) with a thing to receive the centre-column. Any ideas?

thanks...
    Last edited by polyglot; 06-20-2011 at 07:21 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Contact joboman@aol.com for the roller support tabs. The shipping will probably cost more than the tabs. If you use any of the 15xx tanks or the Expert Drums you will need the tabs.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The numbers you came up with are correct. Alternatively, the short one can be called the Multi-tank 2, and the 240mm one the Multi-tank 5. The number refers to how many 2502 reels would fit when holding 35mm film. For roll film I use the 1500 series tanks due to economy. The Multi-tank 2 with the 2502 reel needs 330mL of liquid to process two rolls of 120 film. On the other hand, the 1520 tank with the smaller reel only needs 240mL for two rolls of 120. You will definitely need a set of extension arms for the 1500 and 3000 series tanks.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks. I think I've found a single seller on eBay that has the right centre column for the Multi-Tank 5, some extension rollers and a couple new 2502s, which would have me all set except for 4x5".

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recommend the 3010 Expert Drum which takes up to ten 4"x5" except in the UK were it takes up to ten 5"x4".

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, I would love a 3010. Finding one that's affordable is another story.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Yes, I would love a 3010. Finding one that's affordable is another story.
    I paid full fare for a new one. I just think about dividing the cost over every sheet of film I will develop with it. In less than six months I am down to about $1.50US per sheet and the price is dropping fast.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    Thanks. I think I've found a single seller on eBay that has the right centre column for the Multi-Tank 5, some extension rollers and a couple new 2502s, which would have me all set except for 4x5".
    Could you tell me who that seller is and let me know how your transaction goes. I'm looking for Jobo stuff also.

You can pm me if you want to . Thanks
    Jeff Glass

Photo Blog
    Website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jglass View Post
    Could you tell me who that seller is and let me know how your transaction goes. I'm looking for Jobo stuff also.

Please see post #2. I have found Steve and his wife very helpful with finding equipment, making recommendations on what is best for me, and prices. They not only handle several brands of processors, but also enlargers and print dryers.

Steve

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jglass View Post

I got the stuff from from kilgoretrout1979. Most of the things I bought were multi-item Buy-It-Nows ending about 5 hours ago, so I suspect that he'll re-list a bunch of stuff soon. Half the bits I bought (rollers, centre column) were new.

I'm sure Joboman is excellent too; he just didn't reply to my email before the items I saw (at prices notably better than most other auctions concurrently up for similar parts) were ending.

Sirius: my quantities are pretty low and I shoot mostly rollfilm so it'd take me a few years (unless I have a big phase-change and decide I like the field camera I don't yet have better than my RZ) to get it down to $2/sheet at the $450 most people are asking for a 3010. $250-300 I could probably survive though, or I might get a 3006, which often seems to be cheaper. Or hell, I might just try a 2509N, some people seem to be able to make them work!
    Last edited by polyglot; 06-20-2011 at 06:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin