Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,779   Online: 835

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The first image of the spring you post doesn't look right - On my bench L1200, the spring is clamped to the top of the column..

What ever you do, do not go unbolting yours - The spring is under tension and will take a finger off if you're not careful.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You should be able to move the head a little bit further up the column and "rotate the spring plate" onto the top of the column. I'd fasten something to one or both of the extra holes in the plate to give yourself a little leverage. Careful, that spring will try to remove a fingertip.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The column and the head came in to different pieces, so I need to mount them together again. Yes, the plate at the end of the spring should mount to the top of the column, but it's incredible hard to push it in the right place AND screw it to the column.

Good idea to use those two extra holes to something, I just have to figure out something to attach to it wich is easy to deattach after the plate is bolted in place.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A steel bar or pipe with a bolt thru one hole would be my first choice, a box end wrench with a bolt thru the box end and a large washer and a nut, a piece of wood with a bolt, or last, an adjustable wrench. Having a helper would be a good idea with any method.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe something like this?
    http://www.sveino.no/bilder/durst5.jpg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Looks like it could work, I guess we'll know when we see 4 screws thru the plate into the top of the column.

Although I would put another nut on each bolt to clamp the plate between them so the handle won't move around as much.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Three strong guys and the DIY handle bar was the recipe to mount this monster. Holy sh** how much tension it was in the spring. I'm exausted

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I told you it could remove a finger tip. Congrats on not losing one.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thought I would give you guys an update. Finally I'm finished constructing the trolly and mounting the Durst. My plan worked out really, really great. The trolly is very stable and strong and the enlarger balances everything great. The hardest part (except from mounting the head on the column) was to build the trolly and keep everything leveled. In the front I put a door and inside there is storage space for easel, dodge/burn tools, paper, cutter and etc.

I had to construct the trolly this size because of the height and width of the door I need to move the enlarger thru before/after use.

After using the enlarger for a while to figure out what I like and don't like and wich sizes I can print with this setup I will improve it. I will either construct a height adjustable baseboard or buy a table wich I can roll the trolly under so the table will work as a baseboard.

So far I have printed up to 24x30cm with the enlarger and it works great. The enlarger is a beast, but it operates super smooth and easy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin