Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,677   Online: 1067

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Metrolux II Probes

I've recently acquired a metrolux II timer but it did not come with the easel probe, lighthouse probe (for cold light head) or a foot switch. Could anyone point me to a source for these items OR a schematic to fabricate my own?

Many thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Hbmay View Post
    I've recently acquired a metrolux II timer but it did not come with the easel probe, lighthouse probe (for cold light head) or a foot switch. Could anyone point me to a source for these items OR a schematic to fabricate my own?
    Welcome to APUG, sir...

Here's a reference to post #17 in a previous thread containing information regarding the lighthouse probe used by the Zone VI Compensating Enlarging Timer. Long-time speculation has always been that this is the same probe sensor also used by the Metrolux II (and RH Designs) timers, since they seem (in the case of the Metrolux) to work just fine interchangeably:

Quote Originally Posted by john_s View Post
    This is the sensor used for Zone VI compensating timers and also the marvelous RH Designs Stop Clock Vario. For do it yourself types, the sensor is EG+G Vactec VTB8440BH photodiode with IR filtering.

More info at http://uk.farnell.com/eg-g-vactec/vt...0?Ntt=118-2340
    For whatever it's worth, the photo on the far left in the above link looks exactly like the two Zone VI sensors I have. So if the speculation is indeed true...

The full thread containing the above quote may be found here. Note, however, that this original thread was not directly about these sensors or timers...

Ken
    Last edited by Ken Nadvornick; 06-23-2011 at 06:21 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Thank you!

Ken this is very helpful indeed.

Many thanks for your help.

Henry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks also to 'john_s' for originally sourcing and sharing this valuable tidbit of information. I knew it would come in handy at some point.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin