Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,022   Online: 916

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    well in that case you might use what i said here, if i may quote myself:

"also, the light trap funnel in Jobo tanks can easily be sealed with an original part or simple improv, then just drop ANY reels in there that fit the tanks diameter."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looks like my best bet is to get some generic / Kalt brand tanks and make sure to keep the caps assigned to the tank. I think I'll get a few extra lids while I'm at it to stash away for later.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    or start using plastic reels and tanks all together and never see leakage again...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by krifartida View Post
    or start using plastic reels and tanks all together and never see leakage again...
    Tried plastic and it doesn't agree with me. I guess since I learned on SS, it just is seems more natural to use them.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    yeah i know what you mean, i never understood how those metal reels even work.... i just never had any reason not to use the plastic gear.. but i heard some poeple really like that ss stuff.

Find used Nikors. That brand.

The economy ones with black plastic caps will screw you. When they get old, the plastic hardens and when you add the cap in the dark, they silently split center out and when the lights go on, the film is ruined.

Other victims have reported this also.

I am still using Nikors from 1960. As good now as then.

Kinderman if you must buy new today.

I can and have developed 35 in an open 4x5 tank in the dark with a lifting rod.
    Works fine if you do it properly. So does a juice container or any number of other containers. They simply are not economical with chemistry.
    The 4x5 tank worked for me because I had 4x5 film to do at the same session.
    I would not use it otherwise.

Shooter
    Medium Format

love

love my ss tanks over plastic, (which i've used)... my black plastic better not have any of the problem you've mentioned - it's been 15 years and thy're still going strong!
    3 rolls a month, (maybe not a lot) and i've got no complaints

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin