Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,980   Online: 846

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Brooks Stainless Steel Tank/Reel

Couldn't find anything via search. I found some Tech Pan in a loader I've had since 1983. Thought I would give it a try. I found some Technidol, but it makes only 8 oz. I traditionally use Paterson tanks and reels and they take 10 oz. for a single reel.

I have an old Brooks tank. I've tried loading some scrap film on it, just can't seem to get the hang of it. The reel has two small hooks at the core. Any tips on loading these reels would be much appreciated.

Since the film is so old and who knows what the outcome would be after development, I considered using the Technidol but making 10 oz. and just extending the development time by say 25% and using the Paterson. Would that make sense?
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Brooks Stainless Steel Tank/Reel (Update for what it is worth)

No nibbles so I went ahead and fudged mixing the Technidol for 10 oz. and extending the development time a bit and using the Paterson tank. Somewhat surprised they came out as well as they did... sort of. Need to check some things further and had forgotten how touchy Technidol handling can be.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TechPanExp2-1-Chev.jpg   TechPanExp4-ChelseaMill.jpg  
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Brooks suck. Nikor or Hewes or Kinderman. I can`t make them work either even in daylight.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin