Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,946   Posts: 1,585,862   Online: 1028

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A lot of replies and opinions, I couldn't ask for more... thank you guys!

It looks like that those 50cc and 300cc size are appropriate. If I should make chemicals from stock, then I might need something bigger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's convenient to have a selection of "graduates" to work with ranging from fairly large to fairly small, but you can also spend a lot of money buying them. Some suggestions:

1. I have a couple of 1 liter (1 quart) graduates. One is a pyrex measuring cup , while the other is polyethelene and came with the collection of formula bottles that we bought when our first son was born. He's 27 now so we don't need it for that purpose anymore.

2. I also have several 4 ounce plastic graduates. These originated as drinking glasses dispensed during the hospital stay when that same son was born.

3. I have a bunch of one ounce graduates - used originally as pill dispensers during the same hospital stay.

(Hey - they hospital treats this stuff as one-short, throw away.)

4. Over the years I have also purchased a couple of 2 zounce glass graduates at garage sales. These were originally intended for scientific mixing of cocktails. Is that an oxymoron, or what?

5. Finally, I have a really neat 6 ounce glass graduate that I bought at the famous Marine Specialties (Army-Navy) store in Provincetown, MA. It was originally a military grade urine collection container.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I forgot - - -

I also have a syringe that I use for micromeasurement. Here in NY you require a prescription to purchase medical syringes, but you can buy syringes that work very well for photographic purposes at computer fairs. They are intended tor refilling cartridges for ink-jet printers.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I like to use Pyrex or Kimax brand Ehrlenmeyer flasks for mixing and storage. You can get them at a science supply. If you don't get the heat resistant grade of glass they are not that expensive. The nice thing about them is that you can mix chemisty without sloshing it all over and they contain chemical powders better than open containers. I have them in 250ml, 500 and 1 liter.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin