Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,342   Online: 1156

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

where to find calibrated step tablets in europe

HI ALL!

Do you know where I can find stouffer alike CALIBRATED STEP TABLETS (half a stop steps) here in europe? Some online shops of course...
    I wouldn't want to wait for more than a month to have it from USA due to the horrible italian customs delays...I need it to calibrate transmission mode on my noritsu densitometer.

thanx so much.
    cheers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    We sell them. http://www.rhdesigns.co.uk/darkroom/...essories1.html, near the bottom of the page.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    35mm
    Have you tried asking Sabatini in Rome? (www.sabatini.ws).
    They normally have all that can be needed by a professional, or can order it for you.

Very near Sabatini, in the Prati district, there is also the Italian branch of the Swiss shop Ars Imago, which also has a web commerce site (ars-imago.com). I don't know this shop personally. Next time I go to Sabatini, I'll call Ars Imago as well.

Ciao
    Fabrizio
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought mine by calling Stouffer on the phone. A short call, and within 4 days a letter rate envelope made of stiff cardboard arrived with the product. Best $50 I ever spent, considering how a step wedge letest you tune up just about every process you do in the darkroom. Mine is uncalibrated. It reads very linearly on my denisitimeter, and I don't see the value in paying for calibration if it is for personal use.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I did mine with Stouffer over email with all my card and address details, worked perfectly.

Shooter
    35mm
    I can't comment on the speed of the Italian Customs department but can say that RH Designs has a despatch service that I found to be unbeatable. As we are in the EU there shouldn't be a problem.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    I can't comment on the speed of the Italian Customs department but can say that RH Designs has a despatch service that I found to be unbeatable. As we are in the EU there shouldn't be a problem.

pentaxuser
    There is no custom between UK and Italy, every good and person travels freely. The OP is from Pisa so an Italian source would probably be less expensive, I suppose for such a thing shipping cost is greater than the good itself.

I find UK shops to be well provided, but inconveniently expensive when shipping to Italy is taken into account.
    Fabrizio Ruggeri fine art photography site: http://fabrizio-ruggeri.artistwebsites.com
    Stock images at Imagebroker: http://www.imagebroker.com/#/search/ib_fbr

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Diapositivo View Post
    I suppose for such a thing shipping cost is greater than the good itself.
    I was surprised when I saw the (low) shipping cost for the step tablet at the RH Designs web shop.
    Regards,
    Andreas

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanx everyone. Fabrizio knows well, I guess, the italian issues with customs as well as the italian DEFICIENCY in such professional analogical stuff. But I didn't see that RH DESIGNS guys got also the calibrated ones so I will place an order there.
    Mike: I'm doing a research work on ilfochrome homebrew bleach so uncalibrated ones (despite the good stouffer uncalibrated tablets tolerance) are not enough for me during this very crucial step.

all the best

Shooter
    Multi Format
    forgive my ignorance, but what's the difference between calibrared and uncalibrated ones?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin