Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,423   Online: 1043

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an old FR daylight tank you can have for free. It holds 12 sheets in an adjustable rack.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks all.
    No negative feedback on the Jobo so that's good. I know it take quite a large amount of chemical if I do inversions but if I process 6 sheets that's not too bad.
    Eventually I will get an automated system.

Rick A, thank you for the offer but I like to stay with the Jobo for the future expansion to automated system.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    inversion with 2523 tank takes 1.25L, not bad at all if you use anything beyond 1+1.
    if you use stock, it might be a bit wasteful, but the results you will get will overcome that with ease.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    Here's a thread that discusses the "taco" method:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum44/8...co-method.html
    Very good. Thank you!

It reminds me of this device / system I saw recently when it was pointed out on eBay:

I think the inventor is a member: http://www.apug.org/forums/members/mod_photographic/

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I have used both the tank with spiral reel for inversion, and the Expert Drum for 4x5. Both work ok, but the Expert Drum is by far the easiest. It is a lot more expensive, however, and the drums are getting harder to find.

PDH

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can also use an old Bessler or Unicolor color print drum , both have sections for 5X7. You can do 2 5X7 without modification but if you divide the 5X7 by 2 with a little silicon goop you can do up to 4. Uses very little chem. You can roll by hand or get a motor base. I usally shoot 20 or more sheets at a time so I use hard tanks and hangers, but if shoot just few I will dig out my Bessler drum.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Personal i really like the Jobo system, but dont forget the Nova Combiplan 4x5 tank, it takes six sheets and holds 1 liter of solution. I just got a daylight processor (ANFP-D54) from a pro lab that are closing, I have done some E6 in it and the result is perfect, but you can use the tank by itself.

http://www.novadarkroom.com/product/...ilm_Tank_.html

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc W View Post
    I have used both the tank with spiral reel for inversion, and the Expert Drum for 4x5. Both work ok, but the Expert Drum is by far the easiest. It is a lot more expensive, however, and the drums are getting harder to find.
    One of the best investments I made for my darkroom was spending $225 for a 3010 Expert Drum and another $25 on a hand roller base. The setup had nearly paid for itself by the end of a 50-sheet box of C-41 film, by eliminating $4 per sheet lab fees. And all my classmates used it as well. I highly recommend these, especially if shooting color.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    As Monito has shown my little device i though i'd show you a bit more,

have a look at this video which explains a bit more about my processor-

http://youtu.be/o0Hs7DxCkBg

cheers,

Morgan.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Photographic View Post
    As Monito has shown my little device i though i'd show you a bit more,

have a look at this video which explains a bit more about my processor-

http://youtu.be/o0Hs7DxCkBg

cheers,

Morgan.
    This this is just Darn GREAT!!!

does he make it himself?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin