Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,296   Posts: 1,535,685   Online: 1000

Shooter
    Multi Format

Looking for Durst M601 information

Does anyone have an electronic copy of the Durst M601 manual they would be willing to send me? I've recently come into possession of one with a CLS 66 head and I'm not even sure where the lightbulb is supposed to go or what some of the various piece I got with it are for. I got a really nice Minolta CE 80mm lens with it too.

I already have a Beseler 23C and only have room in my apartment for one enlarger, so I suppose a related question would be whether I should keep the Beseler or the Durst. Is one going to be significantly easier to use, maintain, or find parts for?

Thanks in advance!

Adam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If no-one has a PDF version I can possible scan my hard copy but I'm in the middle of selling my house and things are in limb, can't quite remember where the manual is.

I can take some photo's of the CLS66 head on Sunday (late here and away tomorrow). The bulb fits just in front of the heat filter though. You should have 2 light boxes one for 6x6 the other 35mm, neg carrier masks.

Durst's after De Vere are the best enlargers that were made. I still have an M601 & CLS66 (moth balled in the loft above me as I write) and use an M670 in my current darkroom.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I tried to upload a PDF of the manual but it exceeded the allowable file size. I can email it to you. Having not spent much time on APUG so I don't know if you can send me a private message here. Or you can contact me at kscaleat*ahoo.

Larry

Rom
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi,

Have a look at this link.

Sory text are in french but if you scroll down you will find "AGRANDISSEUR DURST M601 - Operating instructions" which is the scan of the english manual.

Hope it helps you

Here is te link to the web site : --------->

Regards

Rom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I seem to remeber sending the OP a PDF of the M601 manual, but there's not much in it.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 23C will be significantly easier to find parts and accessories for in the US. They are just so much more common in US than the Durst.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The one on the linked site is the "standard" condenser head manual. I have a copy of the "color" version which shows the installation of the CLS66 color head and the mixing boxes.

Larry

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin